World Cup

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: World Cup

#16 Post by J.J. Walters »

Goal, ten seconds before the final whistle! Dagger!! :(

So now, if we lose to Germany and Ghana beats Portugal. If Ghana wins by more than one, or the U.S. loses by more than one, Ghana would advance, even though we beat Ghana! Head-to-head should be a deciding tiebreaker in this scenario, but it's not.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#17 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

It feels like we lost that game. You can't let them score that late in the game. Take him down and take your chance with a penalty kick.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Steve »

Okay, I have to go on a rant. I became disenchanted with the World Cup last time around after investing time into games that ended up 1-0, 1-1, 0-0, etc. Now I see a pretty good game yesterday that Portugal ties because they add five minutes on to the end of the game!!!!!!
I know we Americans are stupid, ingnorant, bloody slobs when it comes to "football" but that game needs to be opened up with less players on the field, penalties for injury antics, etc..............Oh, this of course is just IMHO.............

DogZy
Lieutenant

#19 Post by DogZy »

Situation in Croatia.

Nobody on streets. No cars. No wind. Sunset, cloudy and an impression of apocalipse going on.
Tonight is the finale before finale for Croats, a match against Mexico. Hopefully, the referee will not be another Nishimura...
If Croatia wins, we go in clash against Rembrandts Girl. Uh-oh, I mean The Netherlands. :D

Good plays from USA, Ghana. Heck, that whole group is very close! The Germans have the clearest path to second round, but...

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

DogZy wrote:Situation in Croatia.

Nobody on streets. No cars. No wind. Sunset, cloudy and an impression of apocalipse going on.
Tonight is the finale before finale for Croats, a match against Mexico. Hopefully, the referee will not be another Nishimura...
If Croatia wins, we go in clash against Rembrandts Girl. Uh-oh, I mean The Netherlands. :D

Good plays from USA, Ghana. Heck, that whole group is very close! The Germans have the clearest path to second round, but...
Wonderful descriptive of pre-game Croatia, DogZy! I'm so sorry it didn't work out. A Netherlands win would be great...I'm Swedish, but Portugal took care of that chance. :(

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#21 Post by J.J. Walters »

Luis "The Cannibal" Suarez strikes again! Man, you put some flesh in front of that guy and he just can't resist taking a bite out of it. Unbelievable!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by terryfromkerry »

J.J. Walters wrote:Luis "The Cannibal" Suarez strikes again! Man, you put some flesh in front of that guy and he just can't resist taking a bite out of it. Unbelievable!
Arrivederci Italia! :( Bon appitite Suarez ! :twisted:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

J.J. Walters wrote:Luis "The Cannibal" Suarez strikes again! Man, you put some flesh in front of that guy and he just can't resist taking a bite out of it. Unbelievable!
The guy has a screw loose and should have a lifetime ban. I understand Steve's complaints about the ref adding time at his sole discretion and the fake injuries...that's a part of the game though and will never change, as frustrating as that can be sometimes. But to bite other players? That's not soccer.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
The guy has a screw loose and should have a lifetime ban. I understand Steve's complaints about the ref adding time at his sole discretion and the fake injuries...that's a part of the game though and will never change, as frustrating as that can be sometimes. But to bite other players? That's not soccer.
For some strange reason boxing comes to mind!

http://www.complexmag.ca/sports/2014/06 ... uis-suarez

He is a repeat offender and he should be given the maximum!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-arm.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/world-cup-2 ... ournament/

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by terryfromkerry »

Suarez is banned by FIFA for 9 international matches.

Banned from all football related activity for 4 months.

Fined 100,000 Swiss Francs.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by KENJI »

Great to hear Terry!
I wish it was more, but this will send a message.
I bet his team and country are not to pleased with him!! :evil: :oops:

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by terryfromkerry »

KENJI wrote:Great to hear Terry!
I wish it was more, but this will send a message.
I bet his team and country are not to pleased with him!! :evil: :oops:
Liverpool fans in general feel the club has been punished unfairly in that Suarez will miss the first 9 football club games.

Yesterday a 7 year old Liverpool school boy bit another boy during a school football game. Kids will obviously imitate the good and bad behaviour of their heros. For this reason their heros must be seen to be punished for bad behaviour particularly when the bad behaviour is excessive. Hopefully Suarez will be informed of this school boy incident and realise the impact of his behaviour on young minds. So far he seems to be in denial in that he has still not admitted to any wrong doing on his part.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by KENJI »

I do feel for the Liverpool fans and the club, but it's the right call. FIFA is sending a strong message that this type of behaviour is unacceptable, an embarrassment to the event and the sport in general and will not be tolerated. I can see Suarez being in denial because this appears to be normal behaviour for him! How many times has he done this now? I'm guessing he was a biter growing up and never grew out it or he is still teething....get some help! I'm hoping his punishment will sink in (just like his teeth did) and we will never see this happen again. If it does, he's done or the teeth come out!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:I'm hoping his punishment will sink in (just like his teeth did) and we will never see this happen again. If it does, he's done or the teeth come out!
I would bet money he'll do it again. Love your teeth removal solution though, Kenji! :lol:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by Steve »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote:I'm hoping his punishment will sink in (just like his teeth did) and we will never see this happen again. If it does, he's done or the teeth come out!
I would bet money he'll do it again. Love your teeth removal solution though, Kenji! :lol:

Just slap some skates on the lad, send him out on the ice in a hockey game and those teeth will be gone from either a flying puck, stick or more likely, a fist.... :roll: