Looking for Lost Bellisario Gems

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

BWheelz54
Admiral

Looking for Lost Bellisario Gems

#1 Post by BWheelz54 »

So, my wife and I have had Netflix for roughly a couple of years now, and I continue to laugh at myself at how often I scroll back in time to find tv shows I enjoy. I was born in 1973, and as I watch a lot of the shows I remember fondly from my childhood, I am amazed at how many Donald Bellisario has been connected to. Of course, Magnum is his best (though my wife keeps telling me his best is Quantum Leap - "women"). I have seen Bellisario connected to Battlestar Gallactica, my first favorite, Black Sheep Squadron, which was a favorite of my father's, Golden Monkey, Airwolf, which I struggle to watch at all now, Quantum Leap, my second favorite, and Jag. Not to mention NCIS - though I'm not a fan of NCIS, because I get tired of the "technology abracadabra crime-solving."

I would like to ask if anyone thinks I might be missing one of Don's shows that I might also enjoy as a fan. Or, happy to hear of any other shows that folks around my age recall that might be kind of similar to these Bellisario hits. Really enjoying the forum. Thanks for all the participation. :higgins:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: Looking for Lost Bellisario Gems

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

You've pretty much named all the Bellisario shows. The only other one to add would be the short-lived Tequila and Bonetti from the early 90's.

As for other shows, Hawaii Five-O (the original), Rockford Files, Simon & Simon, Hill Street Blues, Jake & the Fatman... maybe some Fantasy Island. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Danno
Fleet Admiral

Re: Looking for Lost Bellisario Gems

#3 Post by Danno »

I would have liked to have seen the Quantum Leap/Magnum P.I. crossover.

Actually no, maybe that's not such a good idea.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org