The Magnum PI burger!

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: The Magnum PI burger!

#16 Post by Pahonu »

It doesn't have a name yet, but my latest favorite is a burger topped with a teriyaki marinated grilled pineapple ring, two slices of bacon, Monterey Jack, red onion, lettuce, and a sauce made of half teriyaki and half BBQ sauce on a toasted bun. MMMMM!

Maybe I'll give it an island name because of the Asian influence and pineapple. Any ideas?

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by KENJI »

J.J. Walters wrote:Perhaps the guacamole is thrown in there because Selleck has an avocado farm? I absolutely love guac on my hamburgers! Or anything, really. As long as it's freshly made my me. ;)
You're probably right James....the funny part even though Selleck grows avocados he hates to eat them.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by KENJI »

ConchRepublican wrote:
J.J. Walters wrote:Perhaps the guacamole is thrown in there because Selleck has an avocado farm? I absolutely love guac on my hamburgers! Or anything, really. As long as it's freshly made my me. ;)
Good point on the guacamole, I bet that's it.

My new thing is my Mean Slider - burgers marinated in Franks Red Hot (or Texas Pete's) topped with bleu cheese, shredded celery and carrot on a toasted potato bun.
I think you should call your creation the Kilauea Burger as it sounds very hot :shock:. I think a little wasabi should be spread on the toasted bun to complete it....and don't forget the water for putting out the fire. :wink:

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:

My new thing is my Mean Slider - burgers marinated in Franks Red Hot (or Texas Pete's) topped with bleu cheese, shredded celery and carrot on a toasted potato bun.
I think you should call your creation the Kilauea Burger as it sounds very hot :shock:. I think a little wasabi should be spread on the toasted bun to complete it....and don't forget the water for putting out the fire. :wink:
Conch,

That sounds yummy...do you just brush on the Frank's while grilling or do you pre-marinate the patties ahead of time?

Thanks!
~RG

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#20 Post by ConchRepublican »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:

Conch,

That sounds yummy...do you just brush on the Frank's while grilling or do you pre-marinate the patties ahead of time?

Thanks!
~RG
I pre-marinate the patties, usually for a day. They aren't too hot but it adds a bit of a zing.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:

Conch,

Thanks!
~RG
I pre-marinate the patties, usually for a day. They aren't too hot but it adds a bit of a zing.
Thanks so much, Conch. I'm going to try it this weekend. It's supposed to be in the low 80's here! 8)

ConchRepublican

#22 Post by ConchRepublican »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:

Thanks so much, Conch. I'm going to try it this weekend. It's supposed to be in the low 80's here! 8)
Sure, rub it in. :D

Let me know what you think!
CoziTV Superfan spot

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#23 Post by J.J. Walters »

Don't forget the Old Bay. :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

ConchRepublican

#24 Post by ConchRepublican »

J.J. Walters wrote:Don't forget the Old Bay. :)
I use the Old Bay on my cedar plank salmon . . . with a little maple butter. :D
CoziTV Superfan spot

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Conch,

We'll have your sliders tomorrow so they can marinate a good long time :shock: At first I thought you meant "rub it in" as in rubbing in the Franks! Yes, the weather's great in CA but now we're paying the price because of the drought this year. We'll be paying both in rationing AND out of our wallets! :(

~RG

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Frodoleader »

Sam wrote:
I found this Youtube video of Lulus..If you watch it to the end you'll see Mister Hawaii..""Braddah Kimo"""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLCkmZH5jw
Was he the guy in the blue hat?
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Stelth »

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Sam »

Frodoleader wrote:
Sam wrote:
I found this Youtube video of Lulus..If you watch it to the end you'll see Mister Hawaii..""Braddah Kimo"""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLCkmZH5jw
Was he the guy in the blue hat?
Hi Frodoleader,

That is the guy.