The Magnum PI burger!

#1 Post by Lily »

Saw this on lunch menu today! :)

http://www.luluswaikiki.com/lunch.html

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Re: The Magnum PI burger!

#2 Post by Doc Ibold »

Lily wrote:Saw this on lunch menu today! :)

I've had it before. It's freaking phenomenal. They have one on Maui as well... But same ingredients.

Mmm, mmm, good.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Sam »

Hi Lily,
I did see that on the menu but didn't try it.
We used to eat breakfast at the location prior to the Lulu days when it was Dennys..Great view.

I found this Youtube video of Lulus..If you watch it to the end you'll see Mister Hawaii..""Braddah Kimo"""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLCkmZH5jw

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Lily »

Thanks Sam!

Thankfully did not have any encounters of that kind!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#5 Post by Doc Ibold »

Sam wrote:Hi Lily,
I did see that on the menu but didn't try it.
We used to eat breakfast at the location prior to the Lulu days when it was Dennys..Great view.

I found this Youtube video of Lulus..If you watch it to the end you'll see Mister Hawaii..""Braddah Kimo"""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLCkmZH5jw
Yeesh.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Sam »

Hi Doc,
I see he took the hint.Over the years I've seen him get tossed from numerous forums.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#7 Post by Doc Ibold »

Sam wrote:Hi Doc,
I see he took the hint.Over the years I've seen him get tossed from numerous forums.
I mean, I may be in the minority here... but I kind of feel sorry for him because his abrasiveness has gotten him booted from so many places. Everyone should at least have some place to go.

That being said... I am not a bleeding heart when it comes to his cause because it came about of his own volition. He annoyed me to no end, and I'm not particularly easy to rile up.

Myself excluded, this entire forum is pretty laid back and relaxed.. and he had it all in an uproar, so that says a lot. One things for sure is quieter and more civil without him around.

(Although... that being said with all of his busting into Hawaiian phrases and berating everyone due our lack of knowledge of Hawaii and our "haole-ness", the first time I read him I thought "This is some white guy who sounds nothing like this in regular life. It's gotta be").

And he was.

I think what bums me out is that he could have had a bit of a home here, but he had to be too much of an anagram haole and couldn't seem to stop.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#8 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Doc Ibold wrote:I mean, I may be in the minority here... but I kind of feel sorry for him because his abrasiveness has gotten him booted from so many places. Everyone should at least have some place to go.

That being said... I am not a bleeding heart when it comes to his cause because it came about of his own volition. He annoyed me to no end, and I'm not particularly easy to rile up.

Myself excluded, this entire forum is pretty laid back and relaxed.. and he had it all in an uproar, so that says a lot. One things for sure is quieter and more civil without him around.

(Although... that being said with all of his busting into Hawaiian phrases and berating everyone due our lack of knowledge of Hawaii and our "haole-ness", the first time I read him I thought "This is some white guy who sounds nothing like this in regular life. It's gotta be").

And he was.

I think what bums me out is that he could have had a bit of a home here, but he had to be too much of an anagram haole and couldn't seem to stop.
I feel way more comfortable coming back without him around. I know what you mean though Doc. He's a pretty knowledgeable and interesting guy, but he has a complete inability to interact people. He's probably a pretty sad guy, actually. Imagine living with all that vitriol inside???
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#9 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Oh, and the burger? It sounds delish, but your waistline won't end up looking like Mags with a regular diet of those babies!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Sam »

Yeah Doc,you and Styles nailed it to a T and Styles line sums it up.""but he has a complete inability to interact people""

Over the years that is the one thing that has been consistent. I had a few minor run ins with him which resulted in me leaving the board for a 18 months.
I had the missile doors open and the launch key in the slot and I was one key stroke away from blasting him but for respect for the members I decided just best to leave.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Sam »

[quote="Lily"]Saw this on lunch menu today! :)

I don't know if you are staying in Waikiki or not but have you had an opportunity to checkout the status of the International Market Place? I know the vendors had to be out Dec 31st.Even though the place was a bit run down,I think I'd prefer it over the Saks Fifth Avenue.Who goes to Hawaii to shop for crap you can get at home.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Lily »

Sam, we are now on Maui! Yes, the International Market Place is closed and secured waiting demolition but thankfully the huge old giant banyan tree is to be saved. The Miramar hotel is also slated for demolition, so the new complex to be built will take up a huge area. Apparently there will be a small area allotted for merchants from the Market Place but if this is true, can imagine it will not have the charm of the original!

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by MagnumILWU »

Lily wrote:Saw this on lunch menu today! :)

It's funny because Magnum liked his double cheeseburgers plain! Just the meat, cheese, and bun!
"pickled egg please"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#14 Post by J.J. Walters »

Perhaps the guacamole is thrown in there because Selleck has an avocado farm? I absolutely love guac on my hamburgers! Or anything, really. As long as it's freshly made my me. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#15 Post by ConchRepublican »

J.J. Walters wrote:Perhaps the guacamole is thrown in there because Selleck has an avocado farm? I absolutely love guac on my hamburgers! Or anything, really. As long as it's freshly made my me. ;)
Good point on the guacamole, I bet that's it.

My new thing is my Mean Slider - burgers marinated in Franks Red Hot (or Texas Pete's) topped with bleu cheese, shredded celery and carrot on a toasted potato bun.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04