For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: 2014 Sochi Olympics

#16 Post by KENJI »

O.M.G.!!!
What a finish in women's hockey!
Canada down by 2 goals with around 7 minutes left find a way to tie it up, sending the game into OT where they scored once again!!!
Now that is a gold medal game!!!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by KENJI »

A new Olympic event..............http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mKVJeA-wTw

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#18 Post by Styles Bitchley »

KENJI wrote:O.M.G.!!!
What a finish in women's hockey!
Canada down by 2 goals with around 7 minutes left find a way to tie it up, sending the game into OT where they scored once again!!!
Now that is a gold medal game!!!
This was an amazing game. Felt really bad for the American girls - they dominated for 55 mins. Still, I have to feel good about the result! The men's gold also, but the final game was boring...Sweden forgot to show up. Now it's back to following my beloved Maple Leafs. Just wish the time zone was as good as the Olympics!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Steve »

I was really dissapointed with the Hockey games. After the US beat Russia in a shoot out that basically came down to the two goalies, two russian players and one US player I thought what a waste after the Russian played us so well. I hate to be one of those "in my day" guys but unless the NHL votes to keep their players out of the Olympics there will never again be a Miracle on Ice ala 1980 unless maybe a team from Japan beats a NHL ladened Olympic team. By the way, Steve Christoff (#11 on the 1980 team) was the younger brother of my left winger in High School, Dan Christoff. I always told him that I never would have made the varsity team without him on my line.............

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#20 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Steve wrote:By the way, Steve Christoff (#11 on the 1980 team) was the younger brother of my left winger in High School, Dan Christoff. I always told him that I never would have made the varsity team without him on my line.............
That's awesome.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.