For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Super Bowl predictions?

#1 Post by ConchRepublican »

I have a feeling . . .

Seahawks 28 - Broncos 27

I think the Seattle line can apply pressure on Manning so he won't be comfortable waiting for those rub routes to materialize and the secondary can blow up the receivers on the other side. It won't be easy, and if Peytn gets into a rhythm they are screwed, but I think Seattle can pull it off.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Super Bowl predictions?

#2 Post by KENJI »

Conch you were right....but way off on the score. I don't think anyone predicted a blowout. Seattle played a great game and kept the pressure on Manning all night. I think Vegas had the Broncos by 3 points.

ConchRepublican

#3 Post by ConchRepublican »

Wow . . . . as a Raider fan, not having to see Elway lifting the Lombardi trophy was great. Having the telecast compare this game to Elway and the Broncos being blown out by Montana and the Niners? Icing on the cake!!
CoziTV Superfan spot

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Steve »

Congratulations to a great team and a wonderfull city. I liked both teams going in but was not upset with the outcome. By the way, did anyone catch the Radio Shack commercial about the eighties taking the store back. They had many of the TV and movie icons from the eighties but NO Magnum, PI reference! They should have the very least had a red 308............

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#5 Post by Doc Ibold »

Steve wrote:Congratulations to a great team and a wonderfull city. I liked both teams going in but was not upset with the outcome. By the way, did anyone catch the Radio Shack commercial about the eighties taking the store back. They had many of the TV and movie icons from the eighties but NO Magnum, PI reference! They should have the very least had a red 308............
I'm of the ilk that it was better NOT to have him, as most of the 80's references in there were kitschy to say the least, whereas Magnum is timeless!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Steve »

Doc Ibold wrote:
Steve wrote:Congratulations to a great team and a wonderfull city. I liked both teams going in but was not upset with the outcome. By the way, did anyone catch the Radio Shack commercial about the eighties taking the store back. They had many of the TV and movie icons from the eighties but NO Magnum, PI reference! They should have the very least had a red 308............
I'm of the ilk that it was better NOT to have him, as most of the 80's references in there were kitschy to say the least, whereas Magnum is timeless!
You are probably right in that assessment, Doc. Of course it if was just a red 308 parked outside the store it could have just as well represented the first Vacation movie and Christie Brinkley........... :wink:

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#7 Post by Doc Ibold »

Steve wrote:
Doc Ibold wrote:
You are probably right in that assessment, Doc. Of course it if was just a red 308 parked outside the store it could have just as well represented the first Vacation movie and Christie Brinkley........... :wink:
That IS True! Although,it would have been funny to have John Hillerman come in when the store is all cleared out and yell, "OHHHHHHH MY GOD!!!"

ConchRepublican

#8 Post by ConchRepublican »

Doc Ibold wrote:That IS True! Although,it would have been funny to have John Hillerman come in when the store is all cleared out and yell, "OHHHHHHH MY GOD!!!"
That would have been perfect.
CoziTV Superfan spot

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by KENJI »

Good one Doc!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by KENJI »

Seattle's fans came out strong for the Super Bowl parade....over 700,000. The 12th. man is loud and proud! I think the last big win was when the Sonics won the NBA championship back in the 70's so they are long overdue!