Planning of a Hawaii vacation!!

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

Planning of a Hawaii vacation!!

#1 Post by No need to know! »

I am planning to travel to Hawaii later this year for the first time, and i need some tips and advice from you guys or girls who knows the Paradise inside out.

I am hoping to see a few "Magnum P.I. spots" aswell.

I will be there for a week and will hire a car.

Any decent priced Hotels to recommend?

Maui, Honolulu, Kauai? Where is the best place to be Magnumerized?

I am a total stranger to Hawaii since i am a Swede so this will be some interesting adventure.

Onion´s extra?

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Danno »

It depends on what you're after- quiet, laid back sort of holiday or something adventurous and fast paced?

Oahu is the place to be Magnumerized!

We've stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki On the Beach a few times. It's reasonably priced and is right there in Waikiki craziness. It has an 80s sort of vibe too (in a good way)- so it does feel very Magnum.

Head east up the Kalanianaole Highway though... you literally trip over Magnum locations all the way up. If you hire a convertible by about the time you're passing Hanauma Bay you feel like you're in an episode... :wink:

I really like Kauai though. The landscape is dramatic. Chickens everywhere. Red soil. It felt quite different to the other islands. Not Magnum-esque at all, but I don't think you want to feel as if you're in a Ferrari the whole time?
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by No need to know! »

Danno wrote:It depends on what you're after- quiet, laid back sort of holiday or something adventurous and fast paced?

Oahu is the place to be Magnumerized!

We've stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki On the Beach a few times. It's reasonably priced and is right there in Waikiki craziness. It has an 80s sort of vibe too (in a good way)- so it does feel very Magnum.

Head east up the Kalanianaole Highway though... you literally trip over Magnum locations all the way up. If you hire a convertible by about the time you're passing Hanauma Bay you feel like you're in an episode... :wink:

I really like Kauai though. The landscape is dramatic. Chickens everywhere. Red soil. It felt quite different to the other islands. Not Magnum-esque at all, but I don't think you want to feel as if you're in a Ferrari the whole time?
No you are right. I am going there on a vacation, to relax and just feel the vibe 8) . The Magnum parts is the big bonus of it.

I will check out that Hotel, love the 80s vibe so that can be interesting.
East on Kalanianaole Highway=CHECK

A flight in the chopper might be something aswell :lol:

Thanks!
Onion´s extra?