TC's own Beer!

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

TC's own Beer!

#1 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Sure hope da braddah's gettin' royalties from it.

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Cool thing ... even in long neck bottles... (ok, that's no big deal any more...)

But what I found interesting is not only the variety of beers (Thumbs up!), but that they have even adapted their glass for the stout (porter), making it look a bit more pint glass-ish. I wonder if this would have met with JQH's approval ;)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I can find Longboard, and the Weat beer but that's it. I haven't run across the variety pack, but I'd love to get my hands on one.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Braddah Kimo »

ask yer local Costco to bring it in.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I may go by Total Wine and see if they have it. They usually have a pretty vast selection.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by perfectlykevin »

The guys at the local place (kine beerheads) recomended Mauibrewingco.com instead of the Longboard stuff. They said the Maui stuff is authentic HI, whereas the LB is brewed in the continental US for the contiguous states. :( I've sampled both and prefer the Maui stuff too (though not in longnecks here at least).

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Braddah Kimo »

"kine beerheads" is the name of the place? odd moniker.

here's the thing about bottled beer. due to some government regulations and things related to bottle transport costs AND taxes, no beer is bottled here. Hasn't happened since Primo. The Old real Primo. (The new PBR based primo say "Hawaii's original berr" but that simply ain't so.) Thus Hawaiian bottled beer is brewed and bottled in the conus. All Hawaiian bottled beer is shipped to our islands. We don't like that but there it is anyway. Keg beer is made here. primo good example. All bottles on mainland, all Primo kegs sold here, made here. I forgot all the details but it was interesting "big brother messing with small business" kinda thing.

"Pabst said the bottled version is being produced at the company's Irwindale, Calif., brewery and distributed by Paradise Beverage Co.
The draft version is brewed locally by Keoki Brewing Co. of Kaua'i."
"In May 2007 Keoki Brewing Company was bought by Hawaii Nui Brewing Company.[5] Portions of the island based proceeds go to the Outrigger Duke Kahanamoku Foundation and toward preserving Hawaiian culture, land and heritage."
Honoluluadvertiser and wikipedia

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by perfectlykevin »

cool, something else I didn't know! Are cans allowed to be brewed and "canned" there or does the prohibition strcitly apply to bottles?

Oh, and I was using kine like kinda. :)