The Birdman
Vice Admiral

How do I upload an avatar?

#1 Post by The Birdman »

I tried from my computor and photobucket, I keep getting errors

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Apparently there is a universal hex on the inappropriate use of "avatar". the Hindus want their concept and word back. 'Avatar' in Hindu life, religion, philosophy, etc.. is the descent of a deity to the earth in an incarnate form or some manifest shape; the incarnation of a god..
They want westerners to stop using the word. When that is accomplished and we find a more appropriate word for a cartoon image of yerself on a forum... no more bugs.
Hey, that's what I heard.
Last edited by Braddah Kimo on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

When you update your profile, like adding an avatar for example, you need to put in your password in all three password fields (current password, new password, confirm password) before you hit 'Submit'. You don't have to change your password. Just put in your existing password in all three fields.

It's a bug that I've been meaning to fix for forever. I'm going to fix it soon.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by The Birdman »

JJ walters: Thank you Sir.
That did the trick. I was beating my head against the wall trying to figure it out.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#5 Post by Pahonu »

Hey Birdman,

Is your new avatar in reference to Werner Heisenberg the theoretical physicist who studied quantum field theory?

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by The Birdman »

Pahonu wrote:Hey Birdman,

Is your new avatar in reference to Werner Heisenberg the theoretical physicist who studied quantum field theory?
No. It's from the TV show "Breaking Bad". The guy calls himself Heisenberg. When the Mexican Cartel sends 2 guys to kill him this is the "artist sketch" they give the hit men.
They're supposed to come to America and find this dude based on this drawing, LOL.