It has to be fate...or at least jelly doughnuts.

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Coops
Fleet Admiral

It has to be fate...or at least jelly doughnuts.

#1 Post by Coops »

Someone or something is trying to tell me something.

In 2009 John Hillerman retired to Houston very near to where I work. I basically drive by his house to and from work every day.

In 2009 my old ship, the USS Concord, gets laid up in Pearl Harbor awaiting dispostion (planned to be used in a SINKEX "sink exercise"). The ship was based out of Norfold, Va. when I was on her. In fact she was based in Norfolk all of her career until the late '90s when she was sent to the western Pacific. Now she's in Pearl.

These 2 events can't be just pure coincidence.

God is telling me to finally get my tail to Hawaii. Visit my old ship. Visit MPI filming location like I've always wanted to.

It's a sign.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: It has to be fate...or at least jelly doughnuts.

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Coops wrote:Someone or something is trying to tell me something.

In 2009 John Hillerman retired to Houston very near to where I work. I basically drive by his house to and from work every day.

In 2009 my old ship, the USS Concord, gets laid up in Pearl Harbor awaiting dispostion (planned to be used in a SINKEX "sink exercise"). The ship was based out of Norfold, Va. when I was on her. In fact she was based in Norfolk all of her career until the late '90s when she was sent to the western Pacific. Now she's in Pearl.

These 2 events can't be just pure coincidence.

God is telling me to finally get my tail to Hawaii. Visit my old ship. Visit MPI filming location like I've always wanted to.

It's a sign.
I still think you should try to get in touch with Hillerman. Given the fact that you're in Texas, I probably wouldn't march up to his front door, but maybe drop off a letter inviting him to tea on a Sunday afternoon! You'll never regret trying, but you will regret doing nothing.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Coops »

Styles, I've been wrestling with that fact for some time now. On one had I really would like to do an informal interview on behalf of M-M. On the other hand I want to totally respect his well earned privacy. It's a damned catch 22.

Styles Bitchley

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Coops wrote:Styles, I've been wrestling with that fact for some time now. On one had I really would like to do an informal interview on behalf of M-M. On the other hand I want to totally respect his well earned privacy. It's a damned catch 22.
I really don't think you'd be breaching his privacy by contacting him in a letter. Showing up on his front lawn dressed as Magnum singing Misty might be a bit extreme though. :wink:

"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Coops »

Ok, you've convinced me, I'll do it. I'll sign the letter "Styles Bitchley" in case he gets pissed.

:wink:

Styles Bitchley

#6 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Coops wrote:Ok, you've convinced me, I'll do it. I'll sign the letter "Styles Bitchley" in case he gets pissed.

:wink:
Haha. Good luck!

- J.Q.H.

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by AmandaByNight »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Coops wrote:Styles, I've been wrestling with that fact for some time now. On one had I really would like to do an informal interview on behalf of M-M. On the other hand I want to totally respect his well earned privacy. It's a damned catch 22.
I really don't think you'd be breaching his privacy by contacting him in a letter. Showing up on his front lawn dressed as Magnum singing Misty might be a bit extreme though. :wink:

HILARIOUS!

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#8 Post by Majordomo »

Keep us updated on how it goes. I would think John would be happy to greet a fan.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#9 Post by J.J. Walters »

Who's the man? Coops is the man! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Coops »

LOL! Dunno about that.

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#11 Post by Majordomo »

UP-DATE!

UP-DATE!

UP-DATE!

And when you are on his doorstep and waiting for someone to answer......look to the left and imagine you are breaking the fourth wall. Then you will feel as if you are in your own episode of Magnum. Trust me, it will give you courage.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Coops »

Sound advice indeed! Maybe I'll have a can of dog repellant in my hand as well!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#13 Post by N1095A »

Majordomo wrote:UP-DATE!

UP-DATE!

UP-DATE!

And when you are on his doorstep and waiting for someone to answer......look to the left and imagine you are breaking the fourth wall. Then you will feel as if you are in your own episode of Magnum. Trust me, it will give you courage.
And for God's sake, Don't look at the dogs. Work the lock!
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Coops »

LOL! Nice one.

I've decided not to pursue the going to Hillerman's house idea. I will do just what he asked of us, I will leave him to his privacy.

Styles Bitchley

#15 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Coops wrote:LOL! Nice one.

I've decided not to pursue the going to Hillerman's house idea. I will do just what he asked of us, I will leave him to his privacy.
I thought you were going to just write him a note?

- J.Q.H.