Football Season is starting

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

Football Season is starting

#1 Post by zebra3 »

Anyone want to share their favorite team or their picks for the playoffs this year?

I made this a poll, put in all 32 teams, and it then tells me I have entered too many poll options. I'm out. Took me 15 minutes to do too.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Bears fan here. They were given a huge gift yesterday! I have given up predicting the NFL long ago. You really never know who is going to win the Super Bowl. I'm just glad it is football season!

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by zebra3 »

Yeah I should have added that I'm a Bears fan too. That call was a gift for them. I think the defense, up until the last drive of the game, did pretty well. Hopefully we can hold up against better teams than the Lions though.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#4 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

The defense did a good job. I hope they do better in two minute situations throughout the season. We need to teach the offense how to hold onto the ball!

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#5 Post by Lt Tanaka »

Another Bears fan here. Defense looks really good. Offense can be great. Were lucky alright on Sunday. The Cowboys don't look so good either. 2-0 might be possible.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by zebra3 »

Wow guys! I stumbled on to Bears Central!

I think that the first few games of the season are going to be a struggle for them, because of the new players and coaches they have. Namely, Cutler, Peppers, Mike Martz and Marinelli. There are bound to be some difficulties, but the Bears Lions game showed that they could perform well on offense, just their execution of it was not so great. They had a lot of passing yards, and if you look at the numbers, they did pretty well.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Let's just hope Cutler can throw the ball to the guys in blue and orange this year. They also have to stay healthy on defense. They can't afford an injury like the one with Urlacher last year.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#8 Post by Doc Ibold »

Lions, baby!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#9 Post by ConchRepublican »

I'm a Raider fan (keep the chortling to yourselves!!!!).

This year I brought back something I used to do years ago . . .

That's right, it's back!!!! For the first time in at least 15 years, Pete's Preseason Prognostications!!!!!

Here I will fearlessly have my intricate lack of football knowledge and understanding laid bare for all the world (OK, at least the FB friends I actually tag) to see.

Read it and shudder! . . . or weep . . . or just shake your head sadly at the absurdity of it all.

American Football Conference

AFC East
X -New England Patriots
Y - Miami Dolphins
New York Jets
Buffalo Bills

AFC North
X - Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns

AFC South
X - Indianapolis Colts
Y - Houston Texans
Tennessee Titans
Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC West
X - San Diego Chargers
Oakland Raiders
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs

National Football Conference

NFC East
X - New York Giants
Y - Dallas Cowboys
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

NFC North
X - Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions

NFC South
X - New Orleans Saints
Y - Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West
X - San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams

AFC championship game
Baltimore - San Diego

NFC Championship game
Green Bay - Atlanta

Super Bowl
Green Bay - Baltimore

Super Bowl Champion
Green Bay
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Steve »

I've lived in Chicago since 1983 but still can't give up on my beloved Vikings. Having lived in Minneapolis from age 12 to age 29 I saw them come close so many times and had to endur their 4 Super Bowl losses.I still get sick to my stomach when I see replays of Super Bowl IV and Hank Stram calling 65 Toss Power Trap, then acting like he won the game.."What did I tell you boys, 65 Toss Power Trap, 65 Toss Power Trap".....I wanted to stick 65 Toss Power Trap up his butt along with his toupee for years........Okay, rant off.....LOL!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#11 Post by J.J. Walters »

Nice picks Conch. Lots of people seem to be picking Green Bay this year. Aaron Rogers is poised to have a monster year!
Steve wrote:I've lived in Chicago since 1983 but still can't give up on my beloved Vikings. Having lived in Minneapolis from age 12 to age 29 I saw them come close so many times and had to endur their 4 Super Bowl losses.I still get sick to my stomach when I see replays of Super Bowl IV and Hank Stram calling 65 Toss Power Trap, then acting like he won the game.."What did I tell you boys, 65 Toss Power Trap, 65 Toss Power Trap".....I wanted to stick 65 Toss Power Trap up his butt along with his toupee for years........Okay, rant off.....LOL!
LOL! Steve! :)

"We create a seal here and a seal here and Jim Taylor, or Paul Hornung, as soon as you get the ball, you follow that blocker, and you run ... in ... the ... alley! You run to daylight! Wherever it shows. Inside the defensive tackle, inside the defensive end, outside the defensive linebacker. You run to daylight. Forty-nine. And this play can break any one of those three places. But ultimately, on this one play we have a hundred different options. Each man must read the defense as it happens and block according to his discretion. It’s up to the team to decide which way it goes, each player making split-second decisions in concert. This is our signature play. This is the play that we must make go. Every team in the league is going to know we're going to run this play, and no matter how hard they try to stop us, they won’t. Because they can’t! And we will run it again and again and again!"

I'm a Skins fan myself. "Hail to the Redskins, hail victory. Braves on the warpath. Fight! For old D.C.!" :)

God, it feels so good to be back in football season again!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by zebra3 »

It really does. I don't care much about the skins as they rarely play the bears, but I kind of hate D.C. as a place. Though I LOVE all the hot women jogging up to the zoo area on Saturdays! 8)

In the words of Jayne (man below) "My john-Thomas is about to pop off and fly around the room, there's so much tasty in here."
He was strangely poetic.

We should have a mans thread, all women and sports.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#13 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I hope the Packers fall on their face this year. I somehow doubt it though.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by zebra3 »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:I hope the Packers fall on their face this year. I somehow doubt it though.
Every person I've met has said that the packers are the super bowl pick this year. I say; wait it out. We'll see.

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#15 Post by Lt Tanaka »

Bears 2-0
Vikings 0-2

Sorry Steve but this is the happiest I've been on a Monday in a while. :D