Football Season is starting

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by zebra3 »

great game today, not nearly as ugly as the last one. Good playing, and it was genuinely fun to watch. A cold beer, a bag of chips and a Sunday football game...what's better than that?

Besides a tropical Hawaiian vacation.

Interesting fact: Compare the bears stats between today's game, and last weeks. Less turnovers I believe, but also less yards. Yet the scoreboard shows a different story than that'd make you think.

In other good news, the Jets beat the Patriots today.
Bad news is; the packers won. They are this years "hot team" and it's going to be tough when we play them. That game will mean more than it did last year.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#17 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Great effort by the Bears. No turnovers and a good defensive game as well.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by zebra3 »

Yeah the weirdest thing is, I'm used to the Bears coming off the bus running. But with mike martz and jay cutler, they are passing every play. It's too predictable.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Steve »

Lt Tanaka wrote:Bears 2-0
Vikings 0-2

Sorry Steve but this is the happiest I've been on a Monday in a while. :D
Ouch...Both games were on here in Chicago so I was flipping back and forth. Doesn't look like Favre has the magic in him this year...........

firefly
Commander

#20 Post by firefly »

ok, i know that this thread is (seemingly) for nfl football but, any college football fanatics out there?

all i can say is that i am in near heaven as espn gameday is broadcasting from the center of the college football universe - boise.

GO BRONCOS! :D

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#21 Post by ConchRepublican »

J.J. Walters wrote:Nice picks Conch. Lots of people seem to be picking Green Bay this year.
Thanks James! This was something I used do years ago (in more detail) and fell out of the habit. One year I had picked both Super Bowl teams in August! I should have stopped then . . .

Anyway, I like to put down so it's all out there and I can see how badly I actually did come February.
J.J. Walters wrote:Aaron Rogers is poised to have a monster year!
I hope so, I drafted him ahead of Peyton Manning in the first round of my fantasy draft.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#22 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Firefly I love college football as well. I am a football fanatic and can't get enough of it. I officiate on the side so along with watching Saturday and Sunday I have high school games on Friday nights.

firefly
Commander

#23 Post by firefly »

IKWYT - you are a busy guy (gal?) during the season!

for me, it is kind of wierd. as the years have passed i find myself less and less interested in pro ball but more and more into college football.

i am not sure if that is moreso due to the overall higher level of intensity and enthusiasm of the college game compared to the pros or the fact that this decade my team has become a top tier program :)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#24 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I like college for the simple fact that every games matters. One loss can ruin your season in college.

I had a game last night, one tonight, and three tomorrow morning. It's a good way to make a little extra Christmas cash, so the wife doesn't mind football too much.

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#25 Post by Mavrick »

Well we have a long time Tampa Bay Buccs fan Here, there not many of us , but we are out there
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by zebra3 »

you guys have a pirate ship in your stadium, that's pretty cool.

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#27 Post by Mavrick »

Yeah I guess it is lol
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#28 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Bear Down! Nice victory for the Monsters of the Midway last night!

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by zebra3 »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:Bear Down! Nice victory for the Monsters of the Midway last night!
The two titans faced off on the Bears home turf and Chicago came out ahead in the second half. I went into this game expecting so much big passing that we'd see some big numbers on the board, but it ends up 20-17 Bears. Packers had a massive amount of penalties called against them, I think the grand total being 18. The Bears weakness tonight was their inability to tackle. So many drives should have ended sooner. Overall an intense game, and a crazy fourth quarter.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#30 Post by ConchRepublican »

The Pack need to find a back that can replace Grant. His production will be difficult, but at least some consistency would be a positive considering Rodgers and the passing game's abilities.

Marshawn Lynch anyone?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04