My TiKi Bar

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve-O
Commander

Re: My TiKi Bar

#91 Post by Steve-O »

Hey Conch! Something immediately jumped out at me when I first viewed your already very cool Flamingo Key logo.
So, with a few quick edit steps, this is what I saw...

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#92 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve-O wrote:Hey Conch! Something immediately jumped out at me when I first viewed your already very cool Flamingo Key logo.
So, with a few quick edit steps, this is what I saw...
Ha! I wanted an F stylized in a skeleton key fashion. It seems I had some subliminal influence at work there!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

giant_albatross
Lieutenant Commander

#93 Post by giant_albatross »

If you're ever in LA, and are into Tiki, try to get to Clifton's in downtown. They have a "secret" tiki bar on the 4th floor. While I personally like the other floors of the place (1920's, High Sierras, Gothic, etc), it has a really cool semi-"secret" tiki bar. Come early or on a night when its not crowded though as lines form. Considering there's so few real public tiki places anymore, its worth the visit. Its behind a mirror door on the third floor if I remember correctly.

giant_albatross
Lieutenant Commander

#94 Post by giant_albatross »

The above ground pool in the OP is classic. Being from California, I moved to Vermont for a while in my early 20s, and traveled quite a bit in eastern Canada. One of the things that struck me was the pervasiveness of those above ground pools. Especially as soon as you get out of the big cities into the suburbs and small towns. Its definitely a "thing" up there, lol.

ConchRepublican

#95 Post by ConchRepublican »

This past weekend we kicked off the Flemingo Key season with some friends, their kids and a viewing of Avengers: Infinity War. Endgame pregame if you will.

Still not fully decorated, but it was nice to get outside again.

The setup

"Screen's Eye View"

Almost time

Thanos beating down Asgardians

Thanos and Gamora on Volmir
CoziTV Superfan spot

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#96 Post by Chris109 »

Sorry, not my best. It's on the fly.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#97 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:This past weekend we kicked off the Flemingo Key season with some friends, their kids and a viewing of Avengers: Infinity War. Endgame pregame if you will.

Still not fully decorated, but it was nice to get outside again.

The setup

"Screen's Eye View"

Almost time

Thanos beating down Asgardians

Thanos and Gamora on Volmir
Looking good, I'm not a comic book movie fan but a few drinks would have helped me weather thru...Please tell me you all used plastic swizzle sticks in "honor" of AOC :wink:

ConchRepublican

#98 Post by ConchRepublican »

Chris109 wrote:Image

Sorry, not my best. It's on the fly.
LOVE IT!
Steve wrote:Looking good, I'm not a comic book movie fan but a few drinks would have helped me weather thru...Please tell me you all used plastic swizzle sticks in "honor" of AOC :wink:
Heh. I stock up and hand 'em out like candy. Can't wait for my next trip to San Fran, I'll be the black market straw man!
CoziTV Superfan spot

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#99 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Conch, are you in AOC's district?

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#100 Post by Chris109 »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Heh. I stock up and hand 'em out like candy. Can't wait for my next trip to San Fran, I'll be the black market straw man!
And bring some plastic grocery bags.

And used syringes.

ConchRepublican

#101 Post by ConchRepublican »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Conch, are you in AOC's district?
Thank God no.
CoziTV Superfan spot

Amian
Admiral

#102 Post by Amian »

ConchRepublican wrote:Heh. I stock up and hand 'em out like candy. Can't wait for my next trip to San Fran, I'll be the black market straw man!
The setup looks very comfy! What do you recommend for keeping mosquitos away?

Also, I don't get the straw comment. Are they hard to come by? Or is this a "straw man" thing that went over my head?

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#103 Post by Chris109 »

Amian wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:Heh. I stock up and hand 'em out like candy. Can't wait for my next trip to San Fran, I'll be the black market straw man!

Also, I don't get the straw comment. Are they hard to come by? Or is this a "straw man" thing that went over my head?
The SF libs are banning plastic straws.

SAN FRANCISCO BANS PLASTIC STRAWS
SEPTEMBER 3, 2018
By Michael McGrady
San Francisco became the latest city to ban the sale or distribution of single-use plastic straws at restaurants, bars, and retailers countywide.

With a unanimous vote of its 11-person Board of Supervisors, San Francisco became the latest city to ban the sale or distribution of single-use plastic straws at restaurants, bars, and retailers.

On July 1, Seattle, Washington became the first large city in the United States to institute such a ban. A growing number of cities throughout California have also banned plastic straws. Cities’ officials say the bans are intended to reduce plastic waste on streets and in waterways.

The last sentence is hilarious since they have no problem with used drug syringes and human poop littering the streets.

Amian
Admiral

#104 Post by Amian »

Chris109 wrote:
Amian wrote:

The SF libs are banning plastic straws.

SAN FRANCISCO BANS PLASTIC STRAWS
A growing number of cities throughout California have also banned plastic straws. Cities’ officials say the bans are intended to reduce plastic waste on streets and in waterways.

The last sentence is hilarious since they have no problem with used drug syringes and human poop littering the streets.
Ah, I see. Well, less plastic waste sounds like a good idea.
Do they really have no problem with used syringes and poop on the streets? This sounds like an exaggeration, but I will defer... I don't know SF.

Neither here nor there, but I didn't really think many people used straws. Ever tried drinking a beer through a straw? Not so great. Same goes for coffee and tea: not recommended.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#105 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

ConchRepublican wrote:
MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Conch, are you in AOC's district?
Thank God no.

Sane and normal New Yorkers need to recruit somebody to run against her!