Moving to Hawaii

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#31 Post by The Birdman »

Wow, this thread's about 2.5 years old. I don't think I ever saw it. I had my own thread about a year ago. People basically told me I'm not welcome in Hawaii. I still think about moving there anyways though.

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#32 Post by The Birdman »

hauntedlemons
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Like to know how that turned out too...

#33 Post by hauntedlemons »

Just got back from our Oahu trip. Swam in the tidal pool like everyone else. Every time you come back from a vacation you want to move there. But that place does have a hold. Yeah, people tell you you're not wanted, but that;s everywhere man. I stayed in Makaha which is a pretty secluded locals spot, and everyone treated me just fine. Same goes just about everywhere if you respect the local culture and try to integrate.

This is an ancient thread, be cool seeing what happened.

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by Danno »

I read your thread, Birdman.

I don't think you should hold yourself back if it's your dream to live in Hawaii.
Do you know any Hawaiians? It'd probably be a good idea to get to know some people who live there?

I'd also read all I could on Hawaiian politics/history/demography. Things like the Hawaiian sovereignty/nationalism movement is interesting reading for getting to know some of the opinions/feelings in Hawaii.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org