Why I was MIA for the last two weeks.

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#16 Post by Italian Ice »

SL, glad you're ok. I was worried when I didn't see you around.
Very glad to see you back on here.

As Carmen said, just a few doses of TS will do wonders.

A higher dosage would include watching TM shirtless in Tropical Madness, or all sweaty in Beauty Knows No Pain. Wait, would that be too much for you? Hmmm

Once again, we're all so glad to see that you're ok!
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Frodoleader »

Take acre of yourself SL. This site wouldn't be the same without you. If you need something to pass the time, you could read the memoirs of a certain Jonathan Quayle Higgins. It makes for delightful reading. It worked for TM when he was in the hospital!!
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Sparkle & Fizz
Rear Admiral

#18 Post by Sparkle & Fizz »

All best wishes for a speedy recovery!

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by sophia »

Sellecklover,

Glad your back!

Take care of yourself, you are always in my prayers.

I agree with the others, a little Tom will do you good. :lol:

sophia

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#20 Post by SelleckLover »

Thanks, everyone, for all the encouragement! Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since my surgery and I'm almost feeling "normal" again. (I tried, but I still can't go without the pain killers.) Instead of feeling like I was run over by a semi-truck, I feel like I was only run over by a Honda Civic. :D :D

wdm
Vice Admiral

#21 Post by wdm »

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Talk care and it is good to see you back on the board!!

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Lily »

Oh SL, so sorry this happened to you, but glad you are now on the mend.

Take good care of yourself eh?

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by MPS »

SL, Have been away from the forum myself for a bit. I am so very glad that all is working out for you. You sound as if you are making a remarkable recovery from the surgery!! Please, keep taking good care of yourself. (And good luck on those grandkids :D )
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#24 Post by golfmobile »

Dang, SL!!

I was still hoping for a "meet" in Hawaii when you could fly again! But this seems to have thrown a wrench into those works!

But take care of yourself! Maybe I'll just have to ask you to meet me at LAX when we're on our way through to Hawaii!

Don't let those TS doses get you too worked up! And don't go driving by his driveway . . . . or looking for him at live appearances (when he starts promoting "Thin Ice" . . . .)

Take care of YOU first! Hang in there, girlfriend! If we don't have you here, it's a forum with a big hole in it!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover

#25 Post by SelleckLover »

Sorry to report my absence was because of health (heart) stuff and not because I took a trip to Oahu on the spur of the moment! Last Saturday, exactly 8 weeks to the day that I had my heart bypass, one of my bypass grafts went bad. (I'm told this is a rare occurance, but it does happen.) I had to spend a week in the hospital to find out, but at least now I know. I was discharged last nite. Not to worry, though...this can be controlled with medication and something called EECP (External Electro-counterpulsation). That is a fancy word for a procedure that involves me wearing a sort of blood pressure cuff-type pair of pants, and being connected to a computer. The computer times the pulses in certain increments and the pants force all the blood up into your torso. Your heart senses the extra blood flow and compensates by making it's own peripheral arteries around the blockage. In other words, it is a kind of a "natural" bypass. I will undergo this five days a week for seven weeks and each session lasts about an hour. At that time I should have all the peripheral arteries I need and they won't have to do a second open heart surgery. (PHEW!) Right now I am feeling well and am pain free. (I felt so good I cooked 2 meals and gave my husband a haircut today.) I have had 2 more medications added to the litany of other meds I'm taking, but so far so good!
I would like to thank everyone for their concern...it's nice to know people care!!!

SL

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#26 Post by Doc Ibold »

Stay strong SL!

Its always great to hear from you, and its even better to hear that everything seems to be controllable, with proper treatment!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#27 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Hang in there SL! We're all thinking about you!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#28 Post by Agatha »

You're in my prayers, too, Sellecklover!

I've been wondering if you'd noticed that the news on the main site says that we can expect another Jesse Stone later this year. So we may NOT have to wait until sweeps week next year! That ought to make your heart start humming, right?

I, too, have granddogs...and grandhorses!

Take care! Be patient! We're all pulling for you!!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by MPS »

Wow, scary stuff, SL. You have been in my thoughts for the last week or so. Glad to hear that everything is under control. My long-distance-runner husband has started having atrial fibulations again, the result of a valve replacement 4 years ago. Tomorrow he's having a cardioversion preceded by transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE). Even something "minor" like this is enough to scare me. I am so impressed by your ability to be calm and rational, not to mention upbeat! You set the best example for all of us :)

Continue to heal, so you can make that 2nd trip to Hawaii!!
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

SelleckLover

#30 Post by SelleckLover »

Thanks MPS. Your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers for sure. Hopefully he'll be on his way to a complete recovery when everything is done!
I have to remain positive about my own situation because I have to stick around for all those grandchildren I don't have yet! :D Becoming a grandma is my goal in life now..although it will take some effort from my son for me to realize my goal! :D