Wall-E

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Wall-E

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

Anybody seen the latest Pixar movie Wall-E? Took the kids to see it recently and they (as well as I) absolutely loved it! I'm a huge Pixar fan and this one may just be my favorite of the bunch (and I didn't think it was possible to top Cars). The first 30-40 minutes feature almost no dialog. It's like watching a silent movie. Just a stunning movie on so many levels. What can I say, Pixar does it again! :)

Trailer
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Coops »

Yup, wife and I saw it, too. Another homerun by Pixar.

Waltstasz
Admiral

#3 Post by Waltstasz »

Yup. We pretty much had to go b/c my little boy's name is Wally. Good movie...
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

Carmen
MPI

#4 Post by Carmen »

Just watched the trailer and that "guy" reminded me on Johnny 5 very strongly. Anybody remembers the movie with Steve Guttenberg "Short circuit" ??

James, I love Cars. Every time my little boys want to watch a movie I want them to watch Cars. :) Unfortunately they prefer Toy Story or The Incredibles mostly. :cry:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Coops »

If I were 5 or 6 right now, given how I was all those years ago when I was 5 or 6, Cars without a doubt would be my most favorite movie. I've been a car lover since I was a wee lad. It all started with Speed Racer when I was about 5 back in 1972 or thereabouts.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#6 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, there are definitely some similarities between Wall-E and Johnny 5 (from Short Circuit), but in terms of overall quality the movies are light-years apart. Plus, Johnny 5 becomes sentient after being struck by a lightning bolt. Wall-E becomes sentient slowly, after 700 years of solitary existence (and constant reviewings of Hello, Dolly!).

Another thing I loved about the movie is the short film Presto. Man was that funny! Again, one of the best Pixar efforts.

I can't wait for the DVD release. BURN-E, the welder robot who gets locked outside of the Axiom, will have his/her own short film as a bonus! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Steve »

It's funny you mention Wall-E. I just took my ten year old son to it this past Saturday and loved it as well. I gave him the choice of going to see Jimmy Buffet or seeing Wall-E and he chose the movie (saved me a ton of cash). I love the Pixar movies as well and if you haven't caught it on cable yet, see The Pixar Story.Very interesting.........

Icepick
Admiral

#8 Post by Icepick »

Oh but Jimmy Buffet!

Apparently I need to see this movie, but X-Files is first in line.
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?