James Whitmore Jr.

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

James Whitmore Jr.

#1 Post by N1095A »

Notable actor for his work in Magnum P.I. as the characters Billy Joe Bob Little in "Billy Joe Bob", and Nuzo / Russian agent in "Did You See The Sunrise?" He also Co-Starred in the pre Magnum P.I. pilot "The Chinese Typewriter as Jim Kilbride, partner of Tom Selleck's Tom Boston. Whitmore appeared in several 80's television shows playing mostly unlikable characters. Guest starring roles included Simon & Simon, Hunter, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Airwolf, Quantum Leap, Riptide, Hardcastle and McCormick, Knight Rider, T.J. Hooker, and more recently acting and / or directing Jag, NCIS, Las Vegas, Profiler, Pretender, Jericho, CSI:NY, Bones, and Dawson's Creek.
Last edited by N1095A on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#2 Post by golfmobile »

Boy, he sure looks more like his father now, at his current age. Maybe that's because we're used to seeing his father when the father was older. But I'm glad he has stayed busy in his career.

I wonder if he and TS are still friends. Surely they had to be if they made two pilots together, plus the guest shots on MPI, but maybe not now. Anyone know?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

N1095A

#3 Post by N1095A »

golfmobile wrote:Boy, he sure looks more like his father now, at his current age. Maybe that's because we're used to seeing his father when the father was older. But I'm glad he has stayed busy in his career.

I wonder if he and TS are still friends. Surely they had to be if they made two pilots together, plus the guest shots on MPI, but maybe not now. Anyone know?

golf
I'm guessing they're still at least in touch. Whitmore directed two episodes of Las Vegas that TS appeared in.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#4 Post by golfmobile »

N,

Thanks! I didn't know that! I confess I didn't pay that much attention to the LV production. But I think that's cool that he directed TS in LV! Somehow MPI never ends!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

N1095A

#5 Post by N1095A »

Don't worry, the only reason I ever watched the show was because of TS. It was good to see him on a weekly TV show again. It's just too bad with the movie and all they couldn't do a made for TV MPI reunion. The acrors are clearly up to it. With the exception of maybe Mr. Hillerman. I'd be willing to bet he'd do it if the oppertunity presented itself.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Miss Q »

Lets not leave out the facy that james also directs several NCIS episodes a season .....
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock