Grandma snuck in TS's garage and photographed his POV!!

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

TSMagnumIII
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Grandma snuck in TS's garage and photographed his POV!!

#1 Post by TSMagnumIII »

The year: 1983. The place: Waikiki Beach, Island of Oahu, Hawaii. The Mission: Grandma sneeks into Mr. Selleck's Waikiki condo's parking garage armed with only a 110 camera, photographs his classic 1920's era roadster as TS is getting in the elevator. She then sneaks back out after waiting for a few minutes for another resident to open the garage gate. Mission: Accomplished.

Story goes like this: Pop had just passed away and Gram needed a vacation so her best friends take her to Hawaii. They're are all walking along in Waikiki when they notice an old 1920 or 30's convertible driven by none other than our Hero, TS, attempting to turn into a parking garage. Gram grabs her camera and as he pulls in, she sneaks under the closing gate and hides behind a garage support piling as the star heads to his elevator. She sneaks over once she observes the coast is clear, snaps some photos and exits as stealthily as she entered. Why she didn't just go up and get a picture with him while he was still in the garage I don't know? Maybe because her friends had stayed on the street and she didn't have anyone to take the pic, maybe because she was shy? Since she passed away, I don't know where the photos of the car went. I called my Dad and he said he would send them if he can find them and I will post in this thread. Just a cute story I thought I'd share. Mahalo and Alohas

Last edited by TSMagnumIII on Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by MPS »

TSMagnumIII, That is hysterical. Your grandmother must have been one amazing lady! :D
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

layne
Vice Admiral

#3 Post by layne »

Great story. Your grandmother sounded like a wonderful woman with a fun-loving, adventurous streak in her!

It would be great to see the picture if your dad finds it.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

Great story TSMagnumIII! By the way, welcome to the site!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#5 Post by rubber chicken »

Awesome. You just have to love a grandma who is willing to infiltrate a facility at a moments notice. I'd love to see the photos - the spoils of war as it were.

I wonder if the car happened to be the same one used in Flashback (3.7).

I'm also curious what condo building this was, and if it was his actual residence or whether he was perhaps visiting someone.

Anywho, thanks for sharing the story, and welcome!
Last edited by rubber chicken on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Lily »

Aaahh! Re the car on the Flasback episode, I left a message on Season 3, asking car buffs if anyone knew what this car was? Can anyone tell me?

TSMagnumIII
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#7 Post by TSMagnumIII »

From what I remember and I haven't seen the pictures Grandma took since the mid 80's but the car was a little more fancy looking, champagne or cream colored, maybe white even. Hopefully within the week I will have the pics and we can see for sure. When I was talking to my Dad last night, it seems Grandma was a busy little beaver and also got a pic of THEE Ferrari sometime during her trip. If my Dad does find these pics and sends them to me, look for them on Ebay soon, LOL!!