Tom Selleck Joins Dancing With The Stars

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

maggiepoole
Captain

#1 Post by maggiepoole »

The man who single-handedly made the mustache hot again is joining Dancing With The Stars. Yes, we're talking about Tom Selleck. He was apparently talked into it Steve Guttenberg, who was a part of last season's cast.

Producers thought Tom would be a major draw to the cougar demographic. And let's be honest…do you know any moms who don't love that show?!

This is shaping up to be an interesting cast! Kim Kardashian is in, as well as her mom Kris Jenner, as well as Toni Braxton and Lance Bass, to name a couple.

Poor Tara Reid, who was reportedly denied several times from the show, for not being "family friendly" enough. We're psyched to see Selleck's dance floor moves!
http://tv.hollyscoop.com/dancing-with-t ... _1080.aspx

OMG! :wink:
Trying to reach my full snail potential.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Coops »

Tara Reid isn't family friendly enough...yet Kim Kardashian is?

:shock:

Sounds like this should be a fun one to watch.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Miss Q »

I am glad I willbe able to see him on TV, but come on....

What is he thinking!
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

:shock:

I guess I'll have to start watching Dancing With the Stars now!

Thanks for the heads up Maggie!
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Miss Q »

This is actually funny....

There was a thread last month about us wishing he was on the show....
he must have heard us... lol

DarCA
Rear Admiral

#6 Post by DarCA »

Is this confirmed? I thought Dancing with The Stars had not announced the new line up yet?

But just in case, I'm setting my DRV.

I loved watching Steve G. last season - he was so sweet and did well for a non-dancing kinda guy.
Last edited by DarCA on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Miss Q »

There are 4 or 5 weblinks stating this as fact, so I guess its true

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by MPS »

Wow! If TS is on DWTS, I can now join the post-show "discussions" at work. :lol:
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

layne
Vice Admiral

#9 Post by layne »

Wow! I'm shocked he's going to do this. Has he seen what these dancers go through to prepare? :shock:

It is funny how this was suggested earlier (by Golf?). Seems it would take months to prepare. Maybe Jillie has been working out with him!

Even at 63 Tom is still a risk taker. Go Tom! This should be a blast to watch.

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#10 Post by tidal pool »

I have nothing against DWTS, but I'm a little disappointed to hear that TS is doing this. With his talent and abilities, it just seems there would/should be something better out there for him. I don't why, but I kind of relate this show to attracting celebrities whos careers are slowing down. Don't want TS to have that image or perception. :(
TS or NO MOVIE!

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by MPS »

I've never seen DWTS, by it does seem to be wildly popular with the under 40 female crowd. The weekly (?) results are big news in mags like US Weekly.

A stint on a show like that is going to expose TS to loads of people who aren't familiar with him....not a bad thing. He should get lots of press...also, not a bad thing. And, he will end up in great shape...again, not a bad thing. He'll probably have a great time doing it, as well. JMO
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

layne
Vice Admiral

#12 Post by layne »

MPS wrote:I've never seen DWTS, by it does seem to be wildly popular with the under 40 female crowd. The weekly (?) results are big news in mags like US Weekly.

A stint on a show like that is going to expose TS to loads of people who aren't familiar with him....not a bad thing. He should get lots of press...also, not a bad thing. And, he will end up in great shape...again, not a bad thing. He'll probably have a great time doing it, as well. JMO
Myself, I've only watched DWTS a few times but I agree with you. The show is probably one of the most popular and talked about shows. It's always top of the ratings every week if not the #1 show.

It will definitely show a side of TS we've never seen before which will be fun. Plus, he'll will get tons of press. You'll see him everywhere.

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#13 Post by Kahunagirl »

My husband -- who's not a dancer by any means -- has become hooked on DWTS. After seeing Emmitt Smith do so well a couple of seasons back, I was even able to convince him to take beginner ballroom dancing lessons with me through our local Adult Ed. Not that either of us remember anything we learned!

I'm kinda conflicted about the prospects of seeing TS on the show. But in addition to Steve G, Jane Seymour also did it, so what the hey!

The official "new cast" announcement is scheduled for August 25th.

Kahunagirl

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#14 Post by Doc Ibold »

Wow, just get Ted Danson to do it, and the entire cast of "Three Men and a Baby" is on there!

The ladies have gotta be lovin this!

I agree, though, Kim Kardashian?

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Miss Q »

she's (Kim K) a pig.... bad choice by the network IMO