Tom Selleck Joins Dancing With The Stars

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#46 Post by J.J. Walters »

Phew, that was a close one! ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#47 Post by SelleckLover »

James wrote:
Phew, that was a close one!
Gosh, I was kind of looking forward to seeing him on this show, and winning it by kicking everyone else's butts! (Or would that have been Magnum in his younger days??) I'm so confused!!!!!!!!!! :? (LOL)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#48 Post by J.J. Walters »

SL,

I'm just not that big of a fan of "reality" shows. As it is, I'm already "forced" to watch Project Runway and Top Chef. If I have to chew down one more of these type of shows........ well, I just don't think I can stomach it! ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#49 Post by SelleckLover »

James,

I'm with you on disliking so-called "reality shows." The only one I watch is Dog the Bounty Hunter, mostly because it's shot in Hawaii! :D Project Runway and Top Chef? Not my cup of tea.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by Steve »

Funny how we (and most people) complain about all of the "Reality Shows" on TV now, but we all seem to have one that peaks our interest and watch. For me it's American Chopper.I wonder if Dancing With The Stars would be considerd a "Reality Show" or more like a game/contest show with celebrities.........

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by MPS »

We all like MPI, maybe that indicates how much we like "reality" :wink: . I must admit that, although I don't care for most reality shows, I love The Amazing Race.
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#52 Post by golfmobile »

As I type this, TS is speaking in an orange juice commercial . . . .

I'm not sure that game shows (e.g., Who Wants to Be a Millionnaire, The Weakest Link) qualify as "reality" shows. And the celebrity competitions can be interesting, I guess, IF you like what is being competed IN (e.g., dancing) and if you know the celebrities. On last season's DWTS, I recognized only the Priscilla Presley and Kristi Yamaguchi names. But, as I mentioned, I didn't like the obvious variance in skill set. Can you imagine what DWTS will be like with 82-year-old Cloris Leachman? Not that I have ANYTHING against her, but that's a tad old to be doing the kind of gymnastic dancing done on that show!! Unfair to her up front. JMO

But the other competitions -- American Idol, America's Got Talent -- ugh! Wipe-Out was just mean! (I haven't watched these regularly at all -- just caught a snatch of them while channel surfing). Sorry, just my opinion, of course.

The game show currently being aired that I DO get a kick out of is "Don't Forget the Lyrics." I WILL watch that whenever I find it, but even that I don't go looking for.

Oh, well. No TS on DWTS -- I seriously doubt I'll watch unless it just happens to be on while I'm sitting here at the computer typing messages to you guys. But even then, without anyone I have any interest in . . . ? I'll opt for repeats of Law and Order: SVU.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Sparkle & Fizz
Rear Admiral

#53 Post by Sparkle & Fizz »

OK, I have to check in more regularly! The things I've missed!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#54 Post by golfmobile »

S&F,

If this is not a daily stop (at least!), you'll never catch up -- and you'll miss so many important things!

:lol:

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Sparkle & Fizz
Rear Admiral

#55 Post by Sparkle & Fizz »

Yes, indeed! :D

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#56 Post by Lily »

Have I missed something? Doesn't look like TS made it onto Dancing with the Stars? Anyone have any info?

layne
Vice Admiral

#57 Post by layne »

Lily wrote:Have I missed something? Doesn't look like TS made it onto Dancing with the Stars? Anyone have any info?
It was just a rumor evidently started by The National Enquirer. No dancing for Tom this season.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#58 Post by Lily »

Ah, thanks Laine! Indeed its very disappointing :cry:

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#59 Post by Miss Q »

I think the rumor broke to late in the season for TS to be in this seasons show.... my best guess is that he will show up next Septemeber on the show...

While it would be great to see him live 2 times a week, I really hope this isnt the case
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#60 Post by Lily »

Seems he is now back here in Canada, filming the latest Jesse Stone movie, so seems he was committed anyway.