Tom Selleck Joins Dancing With The Stars

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#16 Post by SelleckLover »

I think our TS would be quite good at this. Just seeing him running on various Magnum PI episodes was pure poetry in motion! I don't think this is beneath him...maybe he's doing it for fun??? And he'll probably lose weight and golf won't be able to say he's "chunked-out" anymore!!!! (Love you golf!!)

Carmen
MPI

#17 Post by Carmen »

"Pure poetry in motion" I love the way you said (wrote) that SL!!!!!
so true, so true... *sigh*
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#18 Post by N1095A »

NO! I may now have to stop being a TS fan. :cry:
"But Higgins, I can explain."

SelleckLover

#19 Post by SelleckLover »

Carmen wrote:
"Pure poetry in motion" I love the way you said (wrote) that SL!!!!!
so true, so true... *sigh*
Thanks! Yeah....*sigh* is right!

layne
Vice Admiral

#20 Post by layne »

N1095A wrote:NO! I may now have to stop being a TS fan. :cry:
Oh no! Don't say that! Let the man have his fun. He's still the same guy we know and love, but apparently now he'll be able to do the Rumba!:shock:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Steve »

I have to admit that the show is one of my guilty pleasures, the women dfancers on the show and the outfits they wear (or lack there of) is what got me hooked. It seems that every season they have one distinguished looking gentleman that looks great in a Tuxedo. I guess Tom is their man this year and a fine choice I might add..........

SelleckLover

#22 Post by SelleckLover »

I really can't imagine our TS in some of the fruity-looking get-ups they make male ballroom dancers wear...but like Steve said, he does look totally HOT in a tuxedo!

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Coops »

If the could match him up with someoen like Stacey Keibler...I dare say I'd watch. That woman is 5' 11" with about 4.5' of legs.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Lily »

What great news! When show dates are decided, can someone please let us know on here, as I would hate to miss it? TS will look good in whatever he has to wear. *hopes one costume will be a tux*

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#25 Post by Doc Ibold »

Coops wrote:If the could match him up with someoen like Stacey Keibler...I dare say I'd watch. That woman is 5' 11" with about 4.5' of legs.
There are TONS of women on that show he would look good with.

If he's with Cheryl (yowza!), he'd be money.....

(Although he's over a foot taller)

DarCA
Rear Admiral

#26 Post by DarCA »

Cheryl would be a great partner for him - she is an outstanding dancer and really brings out the best in her partner. Some of the other women think mostly of themselves.
Last edited by DarCA on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#27 Post by Doc Ibold »

DarCA wrote:Cheryl would be a great partner for him - she is an outstanding dancer and really brings out the best in her partner. Some of the other women think mostly of themselves.
She does really work hard with her partners, and I think it would be a great match.

Plus, I'm sure the ladies would love that she would be the best loc to get hi further in the competition!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#28 Post by golfmobile »

This is just TOO FUNNY!!!! Yes, I have to take the blame (or credit?) for mentioning quite a few months ago that I would like to see him do this for fun. I'd love it if he were reading my mind on a few OTHER subjects . . . .

However, I have to confess, I became a fan of this show only this year, and I started watching only to see how Priscilla Presley would do, because she is of the same "generation" as TS (and, unfortunately, me), so I wanted to see how someone of her age could do it. It is a LOT of HARD WORK!!

Unfortunately, she didn't do too well (and good lord, she looked dreadful because of that botched botox, or whatever it was -- how embarrassing to have to be on this show when THAT happened to her face!!! She looks better since, as it has apparently healed, but if I'd looked like that, I would have worn the Phantom of the Opera's mask for two months), but I felt that was somewhat unfair because if the show is going to have people of that age, they should be able to compete against people (1) of their own age and (2) of their same athletic (or lack thereof) ability. It's not fair to have a young, athletic, strong football player competing with a Steve Guttenberg, which is what they did when he was on. And to have ANYONE competing against Kristi Yamaguchi is INSANE! No normal person, even a professional football player, can go up against that skill set. (And this year she got rulings from the judges that I thought were HORRIBLY unfair -- they just gave her anything because of her "history." I thought she made a lot of mistakes and awkward moves that were, in my opinion, GLARING errors, and the judges just ignored them. It really ticked me off.) Hey, I wonder if TS' being at the Revlon charity thingy with Carrie Anne Inaba will do him any good. And she was born in Hawaii . . . . any hook he can use . . . .

But as to the show itself, I find it absolutely amazing that ANYONE can learn in only a week the dances they have to do. I have always loved ballroom dancing (and I can cut a mean rug with the jitterbug, if I have a decent partner -- my second husband could dance; alas, Larry cannot).

Yes, TS better start getting in shape NOW if he expects to compete. However, I think it was be a refreshing change to see him doing something fun for a change, where he can laugh his wonderful, goofy laugh. A. J. Cooper and Jesse Stone hardly qualify for the fun-loving crowd. I think TS is a more cheerful and pleasant person in real life, so I think it will be a lot of fun (and exercise!) for him. Unfortunately, I think he probably won't do well and will be gone in just a few weeks as Steve G. was. I'd LOVE to be wrong, but if they have him competing with young athletes, like current football players (or frigging Gold-Metal-winning ice skaters!), age will out, I fear.

Nevertheless, if I thought I followed along to see Priscilla and then got hooked on the show, I'll be watching for Our Hero for sure this fall!

So it would appear that WE here will be discussing DWTS every Tuesday!! How embarrassing to have to admit!! Okay, we won't tell anyone but each other . . .

(But don't worry, Europeans and others not getting U.S. TV -- the dances are usually posted the next day on the website for the show, so you should be able to see everything -- and they'll probably be on youtube too. I'll DVR all of TS, so if he ever gets passed by, I'll post a video, if requested.)

golf
"Portside, buddy."

layne
Vice Admiral

#29 Post by layne »

I'm not that familiar with the show...but it does seem unfair to have all the different ages and skill levels competing together if that's how it works. Seems like TS may not make it through too many shows but you never know. He was quite the competitor in his younger days.

I think TS would be a ratings bonanza for the show. I can't see them getting rid of him too quickly. I don't know how far Priscilla got on the show, but I hope TS stays longer. Are the judges really nasty like Simon is on American Idol?

ladieslovemagnum
Ensign

#30 Post by ladieslovemagnum »

YES!!!

There is a god! :D