Does he or doesn't he?

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MPS
Fleet Admiral

Does he or doesn't he?

#1 Post by MPS »

When viewing the Madeo Restaurant clip, I noticed Tom Selleck had very, very dark brown hair (with graying facial hair). In the Jesse Stone movies, his hair is more "Magnum colored". When you catch a glimpse of his dad in Infinity and Jelly Doughnuts, he has white hair.

So, does TS color his hair? If so, does he really need to do it? :?

He looks wonderful with brown hair, but he might even look better if it was gray. :) Thoughts??
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by sophia »

MPS
I think Tom colors his hair and I think he looks great with a little grey or with it dark.
It doesn't matter to me. :)

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Steve »

That is a bit of a sensitive subject for me as I started going grey in my twenties! I do think he colors and I think it is starting to make him look to harsh (my opinion). I have to agree with what the character Sam said to Cooper in Las Vegas........."People call you the undertaker" and I am betting if he is naturally greying, he would look great ala Sam Elliott. I would always chuckle under my breath when he would be interviewed for Eisenhower that he would state that they colored his hair grey............

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by MPS »

Hey Steve, me too! I've been having my hair colored since I was in my mid-twenties (it started to turn gray when I was 18 ). Since guys look pretty darn good with gray hair, I was wondering why TS would go through the hassle of covering it up.
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Lily »

Have often wondered myself about the colour of his hair as in recent years, it looks very much darker, and harsher. The sun in Hawaii really lightens the hair, so this also might be a reason TS's hair looked so much lighter in the 80's.

Just think he looks good, any way!

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#6 Post by SelleckLover »

I wondered about this very subject also. I myself have very little gray hair and I am going to be 57 next month. So it is possible to be older and NOT have gray hair. But I do agree with the comments that are suggesting that his hair color is too dark and makes him look a bit harsh. But he's still pretty hot looking considering his age!! :D So if he wants to color his hair -- well, whatever makes his boat float!

Carmen
MPI

#7 Post by Carmen »

Right SL, you said it :!: :!: :!:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Miss Q »

Hmmmm, I remember him saying at one point he doesnt have to color his hair.... It has just darkened over the years now that he's not in the sun 10 hours a day filming MPI....

Either way I dont care. I have been coloring my hair since I was 21....
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Little Garwood »

I guess there's always "pressure" for leading-man types to fight off the aging process lest they be relegated to character-actor status and lose the big $$$.

I'm 37 and have lots of gray hair and my beard is practically all white! I like to think that wisdom comes with the gray, but of course it doesn't. *Perceived* wisdom, on the other hand, I have in spades! :wink: