Tom Selleck sighting.....

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Lily
Fleet Admiral

Tom Selleck sighting.....

#1 Post by Lily »

He flew into Calgary yesterday, and in today's local paper, there is a picture of him watching his daughter ride in the competitions at Spruce Meadows, and another of his daughter. For some reason I cant show the link on here, but you can check out The Calgary Herald, go to Sports and its on page F6 under Star Power at Spruce.

He still looks so good!

DarCA
Rear Admiral

#2 Post by DarCA »

Thanks for sharing - he does look good - heck he looks great.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Lily »

Sorry! Somehow I seem to be posting on the wrong forum!

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by MPS »

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/new ... ws/sports/

This is the link.

He does look pretty good!
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Too bad he doesn't have his Da Nang hat with him. I wonder if they blocked that area off so he wouldn't be hounded by people?

layne
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by layne »

Great pic. Is that his Jesse Stone hat? I love that he still wears a navy blue baseball hat! I just wish it were his Tiger's hat! He still looks great though. Nice picture of Hannah jumping also.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#7 Post by N1095A »

I think if ever there was an actor that a person could look to as a role model it would be Tom Selleck. He's what every man should aspire to being. I think that was largely the reason why MPI was so popular. Women wanted him, Men wanted to be him.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

ten_of_spades
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#8 Post by ten_of_spades »

I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks around for most of the Calgary Stampede (starts tomorrow!)

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#9 Post by SelleckLover »

He always looks good! (Sigh)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#10 Post by golfmobile »

Wow! I had no idea Hannah was being trained by Leslie Burr Lenehan Howard. I've watched her on the show-jumping circuit since she was just Leslie Burr, and I remember when she was suddenly "Burr-Lenehan," but I thought her husband was someone in the horse world, but I can't find anything about it now. The COOLEST thing "Leapin' Leslie" did was inherit Gem Twist after his rider Greg Best was injured. I was watching Gem Twist from day one. I am a BIG fan of show jumping and Gem Twist was the best.

Gem Twist

So no wonder our hero is worried about money and the mortgage (so he keeps working doing voice-overs or anything else offered to him [within reason]) if he has to buy horses for Hannah AND pay training fees to Leslie Howard!! She has to be in MAJOR demand and VERY expensive. Still . . . . she should do it free, just to be around TS (right, SL???)

(And the major irony is that when anyone hears the name "Leslie Howard," I bet he/she thinks of Ashley Wilkes in "Gone with the Wind" before he/she thinks of show jumping!)

Leslie Burr Lenehan Howard

(and even MORE show jumping trivia: I think Barney Ward used to ride the horse named Mclain mentioned in the article above, but now his SON, Mclain, is riding the circuit. He named his son after the horse he rode? Works for me . . . . )
golf
"Portside, buddy."

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Lily »

Ah you are really into this kind of riding Golfmobile! Myself I love western and used to have horses of my own. Had thought about going out to Spruce Meadows to see if TS was still around...just a half hour trip out there for me! As someone else here pointed out, the Calgary Stampede started today, so no doubt he might also take this in as well.
Since I found the above article, I have been checking the newspaper for any more news on him to pass along. So close...yet so far!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#12 Post by golfmobile »

Lily,

Yep, I've always been more comfortable riding English and jumping. But TS is a great "Western" fan so maybe he'll stick around for the Stampede. I look forward to anything else you can find of him there!

Interesting that he was wearing his Jesse Stone (Paradise Police Department) hat. I guess they let him keep the some of the hats of his wardrobe . . . . Of course, he could have been given the hat and asked to wear it to promote the upcoming JS movie. That's probably more likely, now that I think about it.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Lily »

Ha! Ha! Golfmobile, you saved this Canadian some embarrassment as when I saw this picture of TS, in the PPD hat, I assumed it was from the
Philadelphia Police Department...doh! Thanks for setting it straight! We have not seen any of the Jesse Stone movies ( yes pathetic I know!), but come February, intend buying them when we are over in Hawaii.

You can be sure I will deffo pass along anything I might see on TS while he is this side of the border.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#14 Post by golfmobile »

Lily,

No offense, but why are you going to wait to purchase them in Hawaii? I'm not even sure they'll be there, as they have nothing to do with Hawaii except the Tom Selleck connection. Just check eBay now, as most of them, still brand new, are there and for usually under $20 including shipping (and some a lot less). They would probably be a lot more than that in Hawaii because everything has to be shipped there, which makes stuff we are used to having here easily be more expensive there (for example, plain old catsup is $4 a bottle). Heck, WalMart online has the first two Jesse Stone movies for under $10.

Just thought I'd mention that.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Lily »

GM...'know what you are thinking' re buying over in Hawaii. We usually go to Walmart over there as its amazing just how cheap some of the movies are compared to here. Have looked on eBay myself and no problem buying the Jesse Stone movies, but have been put off since I am in the process of trying to get money refunded on a Magnum DVD which I ordered in May, yet has not been shipped. Once that has been resolved, I might think about it. Also dont forget the shipping to here which isnt cheap.

We go to Hawaii every year, and dont I know the cost of things! You have to know where to shop! But we have such an incredible time and as written previously, it certainly breaks up our winter here.

Thanks for your thoughts and take care!