TS in Cowboys & Indians Magazine

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by Miss Q »

I walked into Borders today at lunch and I realized I have no idea what the magazine's format is.... I figured I would have to pick through all of the shelves to find C&I..

Fear not gang, TS is front and center, taking up the entire cover!
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#17 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I may have to swing by Barnes and Noble to check one out.

Carmen
MPI

#18 Post by Carmen »

:cry: Oh you lucky Americans... :(
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Miss Q »

The magazine is available in Canada.....

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#20 Post by Kahunagirl »

Here's a teaser from the C&I magazine website:

Tom Selleck
Top 15 actors we love in a Western?
Tom Selleck makes the winner’s circle by way more than a nose

by Joe Leydon

Anyone who knows anything about Westerns can tell you that Tom Selleck earned his spurs as a hard-riding, straight-shooting hero in such notable movies and miniseries as The Sacketts, The Shadow Riders, Last Stand at Saber River, and Quigley Down Under. What’s not so widely known, however, is that back when he was just a greenhorn in the acting game, Selleck took a few tumbles while learning the ropes of playing cowboy on screen.

“My very first Western,” Selleck recalls, “was an episode of Lancer, the old TV series, around 1969.” Chuckling at the memory, he continues: “You always inflate your part, of course, so I felt like I was the star. And I was the star in a way — the star of the teaser at the beginning of the show.”

Though it was almost 40 years ago, he can relate the plot detail for detail: “They had this really badass guy who comes into a bar, and he has a hook for one hand, and a chain around his wrist, and a lethal German shepherd.” Selleck played a drunk cowboy at the bar who has the bad judgment to make fun of the bad guy and pick a fight. “The guy rattles his chain, and the German shepherd pins me against the wall. And that’s the end of the teaser. That’s how they establish that this bad guy is a really bad guy.

Read the complete story in the pages of Cowboys & Indians magazine at your local newsstand or call (800) 982-5370.

And here's link, so you can see the TS photo for yourself!

http://www.cowboysindians.com/articles/0708/fr1.html

Kahunagirl

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#21 Post by Doc Ibold »

Kahunagirl wrote:Here's a teaser from the C&I magazine website:

Tom Selleck
Top 15 actors we love in a Western?
Tom Selleck makes the winner’s circle by way more than a nose

by Joe Leydon

Anyone who knows anything about Westerns can tell you that Tom Selleck earned his spurs as a hard-riding, straight-shooting hero in such notable movies and miniseries as The Sacketts, The Shadow Riders, Last Stand at Saber River, and Quigley Down Under. What’s not so widely known, however, is that back when he was just a greenhorn in the acting game, Selleck took a few tumbles while learning the ropes of playing cowboy on screen.

“My very first Western,” Selleck recalls, “was an episode of Lancer, the old TV series, around 1969.” Chuckling at the memory, he continues: “You always inflate your part, of course, so I felt like I was the star. And I was the star in a way — the star of the teaser at the beginning of the show.”

Though it was almost 40 years ago, he can relate the plot detail for detail: “They had this really badass guy who comes into a bar, and he has a hook for one hand, and a chain around his wrist, and a lethal German shepherd.” Selleck played a drunk cowboy at the bar who has the bad judgment to make fun of the bad guy and pick a fight. “The guy rattles his chain, and the German shepherd pins me against the wall. And that’s the end of the teaser. That’s how they establish that this bad guy is a really bad guy.

Read the complete story in the pages of Cowboys & Indians magazine at your local newsstand or call (800) 982-5370.

And here's link, so you can see the TS photo for yourself!

http://www.cowboysindians.com/articles/0708/fr1.html

Kahunagirl
I love the fact that he said "badass"

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#22 Post by golfmobile »

kahunagirl,

Thanks for that! I still have to get the magazine.

I wonder if that is HIS tackroom, where the picture was taken. Does the article say? Is that a picture of him charcoal- or pencil-sketched from a QDU publicity shot behind him? I hope so, since that's my favorite of his "Westerns." Interesting to have a picture of yourself in your tackroom. . . . but that certainly would be the best one to have there!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#23 Post by SelleckLover »

Thanks Kahunagirl...I'm buying my copy tomorrow! I can't wait! That is HIS tackroom and I have verified it with other pictures I have of him in that same tack room. I doesn't really change much. It looks AWESOME every time I see it! (Oh, and so does TS! Sigh.) :wink:

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by sophia »

I picked up my copy at the local Walmart.
Anyone know what kind of dogs those are with TS.
Also, number 15 in the 15 Things We Love About Tom Selleck is as follows.
15. Has anyone ever been more handsome in a Hawaiian shirt?
It should have been, Or a cowboy hat, or short shorts, oh I could go on forever. They should have just asked, Has anyone ever been more handsome in anything? I know of a few ladies who would agree, isn't that right Sellecklover?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#25 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, as much as I love Selleck, I'm VERY surprised he finished #1! What about John Wayne, Gary Cooper, Clint? But don't get me wrong, I like the pick! It's just ...... wow! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

SelleckLover

#26 Post by SelleckLover »

I'd pay money to watch TS read the phone book wearing a gunny sack...and he'd still look good to me! (LOL) I just think he's like a fine bottle of wine...the older he gets, the better! (Sigh....) :wink:

maggiepoole
Captain

#27 Post by maggiepoole »

It is funny when you are reading the article, I can hear him giggling telling the stories and picture the hand gestures. Or is it just me, lol? He is so damn adorable!

This has to be one of the best pics ever!
Trying to reach my full snail potential.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Miss Q »

I have scanned the article, if anyone is interested in a copy please PM me your email address.

SelleckLover

#29 Post by SelleckLover »

maggiepoole wrote:
This has to be one of the best pics ever!
I think so too. It's very endearing to see his dogs fighting for space on his lap! (Sigh!)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#30 Post by golfmobile »

SL,

When you're reincarnated, you want to come back as one of his dogs or as Spike? (Okay, coming back as Jillie is first choice . . . . :lol: :lol: )

golf
"Portside, buddy."