TS in Cowboys & Indians Magazine

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

maggiepoole
Captain

TS in Cowboys & Indians Magazine

#1 Post by maggiepoole »

Cowboys & Indians Magazine Reports Record Circulation Jump

DALLAS, May 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Cowboys & Indians, The Premier Magazine of The West, is celebrating its 15th anniversary with an announcement of record circulation growth. The internationally distributed publication reports a 22 percent increase in average paid circulation in the second half of 2007, achieving an all-time high circulation level of 147,400 compared to 121,105 in 2006.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20080515/LATH111)

Using the formula of 5.2 readers per copy, as determined by the Magazine Publishers Association, Cowboys & Indians now has an average of 766,480 readers for each issue.

"As with the American West," says Cowboys & Indians publisher Gregory L. Brown, "the story of this magazine has been one of growth and expansion." From the very beginning, "we have focused on everything exceptional about the American West: history and legend, hardworking people, dramatic vistas, enduring values. And as the West has evolved to mean more than cowboys and Indians, we have expanded the scope of the magazine, reflecting all the West has come to signify to an ever-growing number of people who regard it as not merely a geographic locale, but also a state of mind and a way of life."

For Brown, the West "is a lifestyle, a culture, a feeling in the soul. It's still the place of the frontier: mountains and rivers, forests and desert, plains and prairie. But it's also the place of the moment -- Wall Street and Main Street, Music City and Redwood County, East Hamptons and West Texas, unique hotels and high-end ranch homes -- where people savor chili cook-offs and haute cuisine, honky-tonks and symphony orchestras, rodeos and Western art, faded blue jeans and designer jewelry."

Cowboys & Indians invites readers to both these worlds in every issue, Brown says. "We like to think of our magazine," he adds, "as an ongoing invitation to the best of the American West."

The June issue of Cowboys & Indians, now on sale, features a cover-story profile of Harrison Ford -- star of the eagerly awaited film "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," and proud owner of an 800-acre spread in Wyoming. The special 15th anniversary issue, on sale June 10, will spotlight actor Tom Selleck at home on his California ranch.

For more information or images:
Cowboys & Indians Magazine
6688 N. Central Expressway
Suite 650
Dallas, TX 75206
Phone: 214.750.8222
Fax: 214.750.4522
Magazine alert! :wink:
Trying to reach my full snail potential.

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#2 Post by tidal pool »

Great news! I've subscribed to this magazine since 1993. I still have the first two issues that features TS. Can't wait for the next one.
TS or NO MOVIE!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I may have to check this out! If you haven't done so already look at the two interviews I have linked in Cast & Crew under the title Tom Selleck Interviews. These are interviews from when he was on the cover of Cigar Aficionado.

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by Kahunagirl »

Maggie --

You beat me to it! Came across the same blurb during my lunchtime roamings across the internet, but had to wait till I got home to access MM!

I'm sure building up an eclectic collection of magazines, thanks to TS -- Cigar Aficionado, Show Circuit (which is no longer in publication), and soon, Cowboys & Indians!

Kahunagirl

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#5 Post by SelleckLover »

Thanks for the heads-up Maggie! :D

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#6 Post by golfmobile »

Once the magazine has been published and someone actually has a "hard" copy of the magazine, if he/she is willing to mail it to me (I PROMISE to take good care of it! and I will send it back, of course), PM me, and I can scan it to pdf format and send it to James so he can upload the pdf here for all of us to read (the way he has the unproduced scripts). Since that wouldn't be a "publication" violation (I think), I think that might be acceptable.

Or if it's put someplace on the 'net anyway, just let us know where it is because I would like to read it, as I think I'm not going to subscribe to the magazine just for that article, and I doubt I can find the magazine anywhere around here (I doubt Cowboys and Indians are very popular in Atlanta . . . . . )

golf
"Portside, buddy."

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by sophia »

I misunderstood, I thought TS was in the June issue with Harrison Ford on it. I found the magazine at Walmart, and glanced through it. No Tom in it. No. So is TS in the next issue that is available in June?
Somebody let me know, please.

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#8 Post by SelleckLover »

Excerpt from the article:
The special 15th anniversary issue, on sale June 10, will spotlight actor Tom Selleck at home on his California ranch.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Miss Q »

Golf,

Any Barnes and Noble (or other book store) will carry it, thats where I always find mine..

Miss Q
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#10 Post by golfmobile »

Miss Q,

Thanks! Will look there June 10!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#11 Post by tidal pool »

golfmobile wrote:I doubt I can find the magazine anywhere around here (I doubt Cowboys and Indians are very popular in Atlanta
golf,

C&I is usually sold at Borders and Barnes & Noble. Might be worth a phone call.
TS or NO MOVIE!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#12 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

If they are sold at Barnes and Noble just order a drink, find a chair, and read it there. As Kenny Mayne used to say on Sports Center highlights "Only at Barnes and Noble can you stand around longer without doing anything."

layne
Vice Admiral

#13 Post by layne »

I emailed the magazine last week asking where I could buy it. Not sure if any of you have these stores in your area but thought I'd share their response:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Cowboys & Indians ! You can usually find the magazine at a local Wal-Mart. Barnes & Noble Books also carries it, as well as various grocery stores, including Tom Thumb, Kroger, and Albertsons.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thank you!

Jennifer Carlson
Office Manager
Cowboys & Indians

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#14 Post by tidal pool »

Or if you spend a night at the historic Alex Johnson Hotel in Rapid City, South Dakota, we will get one for free! :D
TS or NO MOVIE!

wdm
Vice Admiral

#15 Post by wdm »

I picked up an advance copy at Fan Fair in Nashville. It is a great story and a lot of great pictures.