Tom Selleck--Mustache? & The Madeo's Restaurant Clip

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumsMoustache
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Tom Selleck--Mustache? & The Madeo's Restaurant Clip

#1 Post by MagnumsMoustache »

Hey

I was watching the Craig Ferguson interview (I believe it's from February '08) and Tom, for the first time in years, had a mustache sans that stupid goatee. Are there any more recent pictures, and if so, does Tom still have the 'stache by itself or with the goatee?

wdm
Vice Admiral

#2 Post by wdm »

Here is an address to a recent picture. http://tressedoutcelebs.com/2008/03/22/ ... -mustache/

Carmen
MPI

#3 Post by Carmen »

At Youtube is a clip to watch about this.
It`s Tom Selleck leaving Madeos restaurant, a great one, he is talking to fans and really relaxed and seems to enjoy it.
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#4 Post by SelleckLover »

I just watched the clip on YouTube of our TS leaving Madeo's Restaurant in West Hollywood. I LOVE the fact that he's carrying a doggie bag. That tells me that he's just a regular guy that happens to be a fabulous actor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVudErPtKfw

Carmen
MPI

#5 Post by Carmen »

Too true, Sellecklover!!
That was my very first thought too!! :D
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

SelleckLover

#6 Post by SelleckLover »

Thanks Carmen...of course, this is just my opinion...but golfmobile will probably post here that she thinks it's because he's cheap...and I also think that she's entitled to voice her opinion, and that's what makes this website so great!! Hi golf!! :D :D :D

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Steve »

What an absolutely great clip SelleckLover! Jilly Mack doesn't look like she has aged one bit and Tom coming out the door saying "Hi guys" had me cheering. I'm wondering if any of you other married men were chuckling to yourselves during the end when Tom and Jilly were in the SUV and Jilly was fiddling around with her coat and god knows what else instead of just pulling off to get away from the paparazi. I was thinking he was saying under his breath, can't we just get out of here!............LOL

Steve
Chicago

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#8 Post by golfmobile »

SL,

Okay, my first thought about the "doggie bag" is that he's taking it home for his dogs back at the ranch. Now, yes, of course, he can certainly afford food for his dogs, but his taking restaurant food back to them for a treat makes him more the "normal guy" to me than the fact that he took it. See what I mean? So many people are so stringent about NOT feeding their dogs table scraps -- occasionally, okay? Of course, he might have wanted some leftover, tasty garlic bread for breakfast!!

Secondly, I think this is an old clip -- pre-Jesse Stone and certainly pre-Las Vegas. I'm basing that purely on Jillie's hair. (Did anyone else notice her Burberry scarf?) I think it was at the "Meet the Robinsons" premiere that Jillie's hair was short and red (per Getty Images)(and that was very becoming!!!) -- is that right? Also, our beloved TS looks slimmer here than he did in LV. To tell the truth, he has "chunked up" a bit over the last year or two (sorry, SL!! -- but you can tell us about this for "real time" when you see him at the fundraiser in May!) I think (with disappointment) that now he probably still has the Jesse Stone Van Dyke chin hair. Sorry, I just don't like it.

I WAS delighted by his "hi guys" too. He sounded just like himself as TM (as well he should!!) And I thought he was very gracious with the fans and with allowing all the pictures. But I do wonder why Jillie was driving.

Was anyone able to catch the license plate? It may give the year so we could ID when this video was taken.

JMO

golf (SL, love ya!!)
"Portside, buddy."

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Steve »

Actually Golf, at one point in the clip someone tells Tom that they watch Las Vegas and love him in it, and his reply is that it was cancelled. I'm thinking it was sometime around the announcement of the cancellation a couple of month ago. I do agree, he does look great and thinner and definitely looks better IMHO without the goatee. Another thing that caught my eye is that after 20 plus years of marriage, he still puts his arm around his wife in public, very touching and sent a message to me. I also notice how gracious Jilly was about stepping back out of the spotlight while fans had their pictures taken with TS.....What an incredibly grounded couple they must be!

Seve
Chicago

SelleckLover

#10 Post by SelleckLover »

golf --

Toward the end of the clip someone asked how things were going on his show, and he said, "It was cancelled." And the date on the clip was 3-20-2008, so I think this was filmed just a few weeks ago.

I think he would totally bring home a doggie-bag for his dogs (all 12 of them!) That just confirms what I said about him being a "regular guy." And I do agree with you golf, about him getting "chunked up" over the last 2 years or so. But "chunked up" never looked so good on a man! (Sigh)

Love 'ya golf!
SelleckLover

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#11 Post by J.J. Walters »

What a great clip! Tom is such a classy guy.

I love the part when that Egyptian paparazzi guy says, "You know your show. I watch it long time in Djeep [?]... The show is called 'Magnum'. Tom then kind of chuckles and says, "Yes, thank you for telling me". LOL! :lol: The guy then says the show is still on TV in Alexandia [Egypt].

That tall guy with the grey hair who was talking to Tom and Jillie just before they get in their car, he kind of looked like Stephen J. Cannell to me.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#12 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

It would not surprise me is the doggie bags were his. I can see him as the type of guy that wouldn't mind throwing something in the microwave the next day.

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#13 Post by IslandHopper »

That was a cool video, but I saw at least two flubs in it. Just kidding. :) Hey, TS does wear a seat belt.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

SelleckLover

#14 Post by SelleckLover »

LMAO IslandHopper! :D

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Miss Q »

Actually my first thought was what a pain in the a$$ it is to try and have a normal life....

and what was with the valet, did they park the car in the next county or what...
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock