ANNUAL FUNDRAISING EVENT HOSTED BY TOM SELLECK

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

ANNUAL FUNDRAISING EVENT HOSTED BY TOM SELLECK

#1 Post by Kahunagirl »

Entertainment Industry Foundation Revlon Run/Walk for Women Celebrates 15 Years in Los Angeles on May 10

ANNUAL FUNDRAISING EVENT FOR WOMEN'S CANCERS HOSTED BY TOM SELLECK AND CARRIE ANN INABA FEATURING REVLON BRAND AMBASSADORS HALLE BERRY AND BEAU GARRETT SPECIAL LIVE PERFORMANCE BY THE GO-GO's

LOS ANGELES, April 21 /PRNewswire/ -- The 15th annual Entertainment Industry Foundation Revlon Run/Walk For Women -- the largest fundraiser of its kind for women's cancers in the nation -- will be held at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum this Mother's Day weekend on Saturday, May 10.

Tom Selleck, star of CBS's "Jesse Stone" franchise and NBC's "Las Vegas," Carrie Ann Inaba, star of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" and "Dance Wars: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann," together with featured Revlon celebrity brand ambassadors, Academy Award winning actress Halle Berry and actress Beau Garrett, will join an expected 50,000 participants for the 2008 Los Angeles Run/Walk, an annual Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) event (the New York Run/Walk is the previous Saturday, May 3). The Go-Go's will perform at the post celebration concert live in the historic stadium, cheering on runners and walkers as they cross the finish-line...
If only I lived on the West Coast, I know where I would be on Mother's Day Weekend!

Kahunagirl

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

Did they say whether this was going to be on television?

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by MPS »

I knew there was a reason I've been working out again! Off to find out how to regeister. Thanks so much for the post :D

I just found out that registration for the 15K race is closed :( The 5K is still open.
Last edited by MPS on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Miss Q »

can someone swing by the airport and pick me up on the way! :wink:
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#5 Post by golfmobile »

Okay, I want to see Tom Selleck on "Dancing with the Stars"!!! If Priscilla Presley (she's 62, right?) can do it, not to mention those comedians like Penn (of Penn & Teller) and Steve Guttenberg (TS contemporary and movie buddy from Two Men and a Baby) can do it, why can't TS? I've watched it a few times, and it is amazing to see what non-dancers can actually learn. I've never "called in" to vote, but if TS would do it, I WOULD call in to vote for him every time regardless of how bad he was. He's always been athletic and had the moves on MPI -- and the football players they use are usually surprisingly good, I understand.

Now, I know a lot of you are thinking this is WAY below dignified for our hero. But I can just hear his goofy laugh while practicing. Let's get him off the depressing Jesse Stone persona and back to having fun for a while.

Am I the only one who would enjoy this? If so, sorry, guys and gals!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#6 Post by SelleckLover »

Thanks for the heads-up Kahunagirl!!!!! I'm SO going to be there! Even if it does take me a 2 hour drive to get there! :D

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Steve »

Carrie Ann Inaba!!!!Uhmmmm, right up there with J. Digger Doyle in my book....

Steve
Chicago

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by sophia »

golfmobile

Sounds like a winner to me.
I think also Jillie should be on.
Jillie and Derek and Tom and Julianne.
I really miss seeing him on friday nights, just think we could see him twice a week.
I would also vote for him no matter how he dances.
:lol:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#9 Post by golfmobile »

sophia,

What a GREAT idea!! That would be so much fun to see them competing "against" each other. What a hoot!! I imagine Jillie has a bit of dance background with her having been on the stage in "Cats." So I fear she would "smoke" him -- but it's about time for her to get some attention, I trow.

And, you're right, I rather miss my Friday night fix too, so I think maybe we're just desperate to see him again. And to see him with Jillie and see their personalities come to the fore in interviews and practice during the show . . . . What a treat that really would be!

I guess we can dream about this about as much as we dream about our ideal MPI movie with the original stars . . . .

In the meantime, we'll wait for SelleckLover's report on the fundraiser, which is what this thread is supposed to be about to start with. So back on track.

SL, we eagerly await your report. Can you take pictures and post them too?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover

#10 Post by SelleckLover »

I'll try to get you guys some pictures. I'm going to have to pony up some $$$ for a rental car because the Coliseum is in one of the crappiest areas of Los Angeles and I don't want to drive my own car and have it stolen. And if I can stay out of the hospital (I had another heart attack last month on the 14th) I am SO there! :D :D :D

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by sophia »

Sellecklover

Hope you are feeling better. You take care of yourself.

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#12 Post by IslandHopper »

Get well soon SL. :)
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

SelleckLover

#13 Post by SelleckLover »

Thank you for the well wishes Sophia and IH...I'm feeling better than ever now, though, because they placed another stent* in my right coronary artery. (That makes a total of 5 now!) I see my cardiologist this coming Wednesday for the OK to start Cardiac Rehab. If I can make it 6 months without any complications, that's a pretty good indication that I'm going to do well. Again thanks for the well wishes!

*A stent is a little stainless steel cage they use to open the clogged artery. It stays in the heart indefinitely. This is now done instead of a heart bypass operation.

:D

SelleckLover

#14 Post by SelleckLover »

Hey, guess what guys! I have good news and I have bad news. :D :(

Oh, you say you want the good news first? Okay. Well, my son called me today and informed me that he's taking me to see the play "Wicked" on Saturday May 10, as his Mother's Day present to me. (Orchestra seats even!) I've been wanting to see this for ages, and no one wanted to go with me to see it. For those of you that don't know, this play is based on the story of the Wizard of Oz and that is my favorite movie, excluding all Tom Selleck movies, of course! So I am thrilled to be going!

Ah, but this is a double edged sword! The bad news is that I won't be able to attend the fundraiser at the Coliseum. :( Sorry guys, I was hoping to get some pictures for you! :(

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Steve »

Have a great time SL. My wife drug me to that play last year and I dunno, maybe it's a "woman thing" that I just don't understand because I have aways loved The Wizard of OZ as well, but I just didn't get the play. It was okay, just a bit too sappy for my taste. I will tell you this, the audience was chock full of women on girlfriend dates, Mothers and daughters and they all loved it! Funny thing is, my suspicions were proven last October when we went to a Chicago Bulls game, and at half time they had the two female leads sing a couple of songs from the play. There was a loud chorus of boos from the men in the stands when they finished and I know it was in bad taste, but I just looked at my wife and cracked up. I think I still have the bruise on my side from that elbow to the ribs!............LOL.....
Your son has my deepest sympahty, but seriously have a wonderful time.

Steve
Chicago