Marta Dubois (a/k/a Michelle)

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sparkle & Fizz
Rear Admiral

#31 Post by Sparkle & Fizz »

I finally saw Marta's Star Trek episode now that I know it's her playing Ardra. Not a bad job at all as a space vixen!

:D

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by MACattack »

Michelle was just very confused.
I just don't give a damn!

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#33 Post by robspace54 »

I just caught a teeny bit of the 'McBride:The Chamelon Murders' and immediatley picked up Ms. DuBois. Still can't 'see' her as anyone other than Michelle Hue or Ardra (Star Trek). I think the blonde hair is a mistake.

Rob
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#34 Post by Agatha »

I saw her!! The dogs and I went to the beach this weekend...we hardly EVER spend the night. But our cabin had a TV and I stumbled upon some McBride movies.

1) I REALLY liked Marta's character in this one. Stong, intelligent...I like her lighter hair and always liked it better when she wore it up. Michelle lost me when she decided to marry Edward. Twit! Twit! Ungrateful DUMB twit!

2) I even liked John Larouquette's character in this one. I HATED him in Night Court! Drove me NUTS!!

Reminder to self: Only a good actor can evoke feelings in the audience...and it takes an especially good one to make the audience dislike him/her.

I'm going to see if Netflix has McBride!!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Re: Marta Dubois (a/k/a Michelle)

#35 Post by T.Q. »

There's a re-run of Star Trek TNG on right now.

I remember the Ardra episode very vividly. Original and re-runs.

Can't believe I had no clue until today it was Marta. :shock:

And it was only because I randomly decided to look up the actress.

Only took me 29 years to clue in!

I'm such a dope sometimes. :lol:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Magnum45
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#36 Post by Magnum45 »

Hi Guys,

New guy here. Seems like there are a few people really not liking the Michelle character at all. Which I can understand.

Been watching Magnum since season 3 in 1982, and got the dvd release which I love. I also taped every single episode on VHS tape back in the mid to late 80's.

The reason that I am posting on this particular thread, is that I just found out Marta Dubois passed away far too young in 2018. :(

The episodes with Michelle are among my very favourites, and thought they were pretty heart wrenching. I was somehow hoping for a happy ending, but it didn't happen. :(

Marta really made an impact with me, with her performance, character, and beauty as Michelle. I thought the episodes with her in it were among the very best of the show. I was a late teen back in 82, and like I said, she made a real impact with me, and has stayed with me for 40 years !

So I was very saddened to see on imdb that she had passed, at only 66 years old from a brain aneurism, back in 2018.

Been feeling a little depressed about her, and thinking about her, all day. :(

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#37 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Magnum45 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:10 am Hi Guys,

New guy here. Seems like there are a few people really not liking the Michelle character at all. Which I can understand.

Been watching Magnum since season 3 in 1982, and got the dvd release which I love. I also taped every single episode on VHS tape back in the mid to late 80's.

The reason that I am posting on this particular thread, is that I just found out Marta Dubois passed away far too young in 2018. :(

The episodes with Michelle are among my very favourites, and thought they were pretty heart wrenching. I was somehow hoping for a happy ending, but it didn't happen. :(

Marta really made an impact with me, with her performance, character, and beauty as Michelle. I thought the episodes with her in it were among the very best of the show. I was a late teen back in 82, and like I said, she made a real impact with me, and has stayed with me for 40 years !

So I was very saddened to see on imdb that she had passed, at only 66 years old from a brain aneurism, back in 2018.

Been feeling a little depressed about her, and thinking about her, all day. :(

Thanks for noting that here, Magnum45. We actually did have a thread dedicated to that topic here: viewtopic.php?t=3655

Interesting that there was virtually no media coverage of her death at all.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Magnum45
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#38 Post by Magnum45 »

Still brand new to the great site SB, and feeling my way round.

Thanks for that link, and I think I will post there too. I wasn't that shocked in not hearing about her death, but she hasn't seemed to have had much coverage at all. Maybe that is by her design ?

On a plus side. It has given me a chance to catch up on her other work. Which I am glad to say that she has a decent resume spanning more than 20 years. That is a pleasant surprise for me, and about the only bright spot in hearing this news.

I didn't recognize her in Star Trek TNG, so I will have to rewatch that one. " Got" Tales of the Gold Monkey, one which I forgot all about, as is probably best, lol, and saw one of her ten McBride movies. Other bit parts and movies I will have to check out too. The thing I like about the McBride movies, besides the fact that they seem good and decently rated, is that it is 20 years after Magnum, and she has a starring role. And even though obviously her looks have changed, whose hasn't, lol, she is still smoking hot in her early fifties.

So much to say, and hearing of her death has affected me far more than I ever thought it would for some reason. :(

RIP Marta, you will be missed but always remembered.