Tom Selleck Movies

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#76 Post by J.J. Walters »

Oh, cool. And with Maggie Grace (Shannon from Lost)! Tivo time! :)

Thanks for the heads up maggiepoole.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#77 Post by SelleckLover »

I have a VHS tape of Twelve Mile Road that I bought on eBay. I thought it was a good story and you really get to see TS's dramatic acting chops.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#78 Post by Steve »

Somehow I don't recall this Movie but I am a big Anna Gunn and Wendy Crewson fan. I don't think my remote will allow me to switch to The Lifetime Channel (or WE or Oxygen) but perhaps I can figure out a way to un-do my "chick movie" restrictions and give it a view........

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#79 Post by SelleckLover »

Steve wrote:
Somehow I don't recall this Movie but I am a big Anna Gunn and Wendy Crewson fan.
Speaking of Wendy Crewson, she also played TS's character's wife in Folks!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#80 Post by ConchRepublican »

Thanks for the heads up!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#81 Post by Kahunagirl »

From an article on http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story. ... ory=SPORTS ...

Playing an athlete a tough act

By MARK McGUIRE, Senior writer
First published: Thursday, October 2, 2008

...That said, here are just some actors who made us believe they played the game (and some did) in at least two films with sports scenes: ...

• Kevin Costner ("Bull Durham," "Tin Cup," "For Love of the Game," "Field of Dreams"): Clearly an athlete; ranks up with Tom Selleck ("Mr. Baseball") for the sweetest swing by any actor in a baseball role.

Mr. Baseball is definitely one of my favorite TS movies, along with Quigley (which I caught the tail-end of again this past weekend while channel surfing. Even my hubby put down what he was reading to watch it!).

Kahunagirl

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#82 Post by Steve »

One of the things I always admired about Tom Selleck was that whatever sport he was participating in on the show from swimming to surf skiing, from beach volleyball to basketball, from football to baseball, he was always believable. And to me it doesn't get any better than Kevin Costner in a baseball themed movie. Perhaps Hollywood should team up the two in a baseball fantasy camp movie........You know, the kind of sports fantasy camp that middle-aged guys go to attend for a week or two to re live their youth.........

Carmen
MPI

#83 Post by Carmen »

You know, the kind of sports fantasy camp that middle-aged guys go to attend for a week or two to re live their youth.........
*BG* like City Slickers with Billy Crystal??!!

I like the phrase (right Golf?) "middle-aged guys" for TS and Kevin Costner :wink:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#84 Post by golfmobile »

Carmen,

Unless Tom and I are going to live till we're 120, I'm not sure we qualify as "middle-aged" any longer!! :cry: :(

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#85 Post by Sam »

Hey Golf..I just remembered you have a birthday this month...

Happy Birthday

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#86 Post by golfmobile »

Sam,

Thanks! It was Wednesday. Now I guess I'm officially old. :( :cry:

golf
"Portside, buddy."

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#87 Post by MPS »

Happy Belated Birthday, Golf.

Judging from all the things you do, the enthusiasm with which you do them and the talent you bring to them, you will never be "old". :D :D
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#88 Post by Doc Ibold »

Happy b-day Golf!

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#89 Post by IslandHopper »

Kahunagirl wrote:From an article on http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story. ... ory=SPORTS ...

Playing an athlete a tough act

By MARK McGUIRE, Senior writer
First published: Thursday, October 2, 2008

...That said, here are just some actors who made us believe they played the game (and some did) in at least two films with sports scenes: ...

• Kevin Costner ("Bull Durham," "Tin Cup," "For Love of the Game," "Field of Dreams"): Clearly an athlete; ranks up with Tom Selleck ("Mr. Baseball") for the sweetest swing by any actor in a baseball role.
Although Kevin Costner does swing a baseball bat well as seen in Bull Durham, I didn't find him believable at all in "Tin Cup." However, he was better than Don Johnson's character. To bad we only get to see Tom Selleck play golf briefly (and only once on MPI) in "Forty Years From Sand Island." We only see him tee off once and he tops the ball. His swing didn't look bad though.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#90 Post by golfmobile »

I loved Tin Cup! Of course, being a golfer (sort of), I like just about any golf movie, and I thought he was great in this movie. I wasn't really much of a Kevin Costner fan until I saw this movie. He's made some stinkers, granted, and Dances with Wolves just about bored me to death. Maybe he's better in comedies, such as Bull Durham and Tin Cup, if you call them comedies -- more comedic than action, I would say. And KC is a good golfer -- he plays a lot and plays every year in the Pebble Beach pro-am, along with Bill Murray, Clint Eastwood, Andy Garcia, Alice Cooper, Kenny G, etc. Of course, there's another celebrity group in Michael Douglas' tournament, which is always entertaining.

I've never known Tom Selleck to be much of a golfer -- or I've just not heard about it or seen him in any celebrity tournaments. Wish he were, I'd love to watch him play golf.

The only golf movie I didn't like -- and I KNOW I'm risking expulsion here -- was Caddyshack. Gag me with a spoon!

golf
"Portside, buddy."