Tom Selleck Movies

#1 Post by Magnum92 »

Hey can anyone think of any more Tom Selleck movies, I can think of
- Three men and a baby
- Three men and a little girl
- Her alibi
- Quigley Down under

Does anyone have anymore, so I can hire them out and watch them! :wink:
Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#2 Post by golfmobile »

There are quite a few more. Just go to www.imdb.com and search for Tom Selleck and you'll get his entire "filmography," movies and TV movies and TV shows.

The ones released to movie theatres that I can think of off the top of my head right now that you skipped are:

High Road to China
Lassiter
An Innocent Man (VERY good, rent it)
In and Out

golf
"Portside, buddy."

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#3 Post by IslandHopper »

Don't forget many of the westerns that he's done, which are some of my favorites. Those include: Crossfire Trail; Monte Walsh; Last Stand At Saber River; The Shadow Riders; Quigley Down Under; and the The Sackets. I also liked Mr. Baseball.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Jean-Claude Fornier
Rear Admiral

#4 Post by Jean-Claude Fornier »

BTW, did you know "3 Men and a baby" (followed some years after by "3 Men and a Little Lady") was a remake of a french movie called "3 hommes et un couffin" ?

In France, in 2003, they released "18 ans après" :

starring the same actors 18 years after with the baby become adult.

Why not some title like "25 years after" to be released in 2010 starring Tom Selleck and the same actors of the first version in 1985 ?

But it's a fact "18 ans après" did not have a great success in France ...

Magnum92
Captain

#5 Post by Magnum92 »

Great thanks guys, and that information is very interesting, thanks Jean-Claude Fornier :wink:
Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear!

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#6 Post by Shermy »

I was always fond of Runaway. Selleck plays a futuristic cop who's specialty is out of control robots. Gene Simmons (yes, of KISS!) plays a crazy villain who uses robotic spiders to do his evil bidding. Trust me, to a kid, this thing was awesome! :lol:

He also made a movie called Folks! which received a lot of attention because he shaved his mustache for the role. I believe this was the first time he appeared without it since becoming a star via Magnum.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#7 Post by golfmobile »

I confess I never liked Runaway -- not much into sci-fi unless it's Star Trek (the original). But I liked Folks! "McDonald's."

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Jean-Claude Fornier
Rear Admiral

#8 Post by Jean-Claude Fornier »

Brrrr, I was really very afraid by these big steel spiders ...

In France, this movie was difficult to follow for us (especially for the Magnum fans) : Tom Selleck's french voice for Runaway wasn't the same as Tom Selleck's french voice for Magnum ... :? :(

eeyore
Admiral

#9 Post by eeyore »

An Oldie Washington Affair with Carol Lyndley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#10 Post by golfmobile »

eeyore,

Thanks for pointing that one out. I don't remember it at all. I assume TS is the engineer and Barry Sullivan the unscrupulous businessman with the alcoholic wife who is having an affair with TS?

Has anyone here seen it?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

eeyore
Admiral

#11 Post by eeyore »

Yes, that's the one! I own it, I bought it from Amazon used about a year ago. For the time, it was a pretty decent movie. :) Prior to buying it I had it on an old VHS recording from where I had recorded it, oh, maybe 20 years ago, 1986 or 1987 from TV.
I also remember a brief appearance in Coma. he played an architect who got hurt playing volleyball. They brought him into the ER and he died. I love it when he plays an architect (that's my profession LOL) He's played an architect 3 times for sure if you count the Sequal to TMB. I was thinking he played an architect in something else but can't say for sure, so I'll count three times. :)

dick butkus
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Mr Baseball

#12 Post by dick butkus »

Don't forget "Mr Baseball" from 1992! It is a quite charming movie about an aging Baseball Played bought by a Japanese baseball team.
If you like Tom donät miss this one!
Big hit - happy body!

eeyore
Admiral

#13 Post by eeyore »

Yep, I love mr baseball, I own it. I think I have most of his movies that are still available.

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by sophia »

Mr Baseball is one of my favorite movies, also.
I watched Ike: Countdown to D-Day last night.
Really enjoyed it, thought TS did a great job.
Also enjoyed the commentary he did.
I found an early movie of his or I think it might have been a tv pilot at
Walmart a few weeks ago in the $5 pile. I was walking by and saw this 1
inch by 1 inch picture on the back of the dvd of Tom. I don't know how I saw it but then again it is Tom Selleck.
I enjoyed watching something he did in the late seventies before Magnum.
I noticed something interesting in the movie, a boat with Sullivan painted on the side. Anyone know anything about this or how they came up with
Sullivan being his middle name.The name of the movie is Gypsy Warriors.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#15 Post by golfmobile »

sophia,

You missed all our posts a month or so ago about the two "pilot" movies that were shown on Sleuth recently -- "The Chinese Typewriter" and "The Gypsy Warriors." I noticed the "Sullivan" name on the boat, too, because of the coincidence of Magnum's middle name.

But I don't know if there is any significance for Magnum's middle name due to that. That might be something that would have to be asked of TS himself, but I don't know if he'd even remember, since the pilot basically "failed."

golf
"Portside, buddy."