Eddie Deezen

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Jean-Claude Fornier
Rear Admiral

Eddie Deezen

#1 Post by Jean-Claude Fornier »

Eddie Deezen played in "Squeeze Play", one of the best MPI episodes (season 4) as Mickey Dalrumple, Buzz Benoti's nephew.

Eddie is known for playing "nerd" roles (maybe the funniest nerd ever) in movies and TV series (The Fall Guy, Punky Brewster, Magnum PI and many movies like War Games, Grease I and II, Beverly Hills Vamp, Critters II, etc..)

Image Image Image
Main role in the Beverly Hills Vamp B-movie

Known for his voice acting work too (Dexter's Laboratory and Scoobidoo cartoons, Kellogs ad, etc..)

In "Squeeze Play" Mickey Dalrumple is the typical "nerd", according to the definition of a nerd :
"a person regarded as socially dull, unsophisticated, awkward, etc., specif., as from being preoccupied with schoolwork, an intellectual hobby, etc.."
source :
http://www.yourdictionary.com/nerd

Mickey looks like a simple minded character, most preoccupied by hobbies like playing cards (and not very preoccupied by the sexy buzzettes) but he's in fact very intelligent and at the end, we learn he's a real baseball database when he's able to remember of Jerome Kappelwitz. (though a bit lately)

Image Image Image

sources :
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0214430/
http://films.psychovision.net/bio/deezen-eddie-008.php

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#2 Post by rubber chicken »

Nice write-up Jean-Claude. I've always liked this guy. Also check out Midnight Madness, a fun and wacky movie from 1980 about a scavenger hunt. (A very young Michael J. Fox also appears).

Eddie Deezen, along with Dan Frischman from Head of the Class and Robert Carradine from Revenge of the Nerds make up the 80s super-nerd trifecta. When the three come together their powers combine and form a formidable force not to underestimated.

Image Image

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#3 Post by Doc Ibold »

It's like 80's Nerd Voltron!

(It is nice to see that they have had careers that spanned past their "sterotypical" roles, though)

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#4 Post by Shermy »

rubber chicken wrote:Eddie Deezen, along with Robert Carradine from Revenge of the Nerds
I always assumed this guy was one of the cast members in Revenge of the Nerds! It's surprising that he didn't really have one particular film that you could point to as his "defining" role. I guess that's when you know a character actor is really good, since I've never forgotten him (or his appearance in squeeze play).

Btw, I really like these little biographies you've been posting, Jean-Claude. It's fun to see these lesser-known actors spotlighted, and catch up on where they are now.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#5 Post by rubber chicken »

Shermy wrote:Btw, I really like these little biographies you've been posting, Jean-Claude. It's fun to see these lesser-known actors spotlighted, and catch up on where they are now.
Agreed, keep em coming. :)

Jean-Claude Fornier
Rear Admiral

#6 Post by Jean-Claude Fornier »

Another very famous nerd is Murray "Boz" Bozinsky (starring Thom Bray) in Riptide :

I remember Michael J. Pollard playing a very good nerd too (Owen in "Tango & Cash")

In Magnum, well, three other characters are not really typical nerds, but how could I say, they're mid-way between nerd and normal :
Maddie Jones (Margie Impert) and husband Ray (Sam Anderson) in episode 5.19, with some very big intellectual abilities and strange behaviours.
Lloyd DeWitt (starring the great Geoffrey Lewis) in episode 4.16 "The return of Luther Gillis". DeWitt was wearing a very ridiculous T-Shirt, and on the other hand, he was promoting seriously some scientific methods for the PI job !

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#7 Post by rubber chicken »

Michael J. Pollard also played a good part in Scrooged.

I miss the 80s and it's political incorrectisity (I made that word up). We weren't afraid to have fun with people's differences back then.

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#8 Post by IslandHopper »

rubber chicken wrote:Nice write-up Jean-Claude. I've always liked this guy. Also check out Midnight Madness, a fun and wacky movie from 1980 about a scavenger hunt. (A very young Michael J. Fox also appears).

Eddie Deezen, along with Dan Frischman from Head of the Class and Robert Carradine from Revenge of the Nerds make up the 80s super-nerd trifecta. When the three come together their powers combine and form a formidable force not to underestimated.

Image Image
Don't forget Magnum Alum, Larry B. Scott, from "Round And Around" was in "Revenge of the Nerds" as Lamar where he specialized in the javelin throw and making balloon hats. And who can forget Alfonzo Ribeiro, who starred as Carlton in the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," also a Magnum, P.I., Alum.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#9 Post by rubber chicken »

I remember seeing those two. I'm a fan of Lamar - he made that floppy javelin in Revenge of the Nerds.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#10 Post by Doc Ibold »

rubber chicken wrote:I remember seeing those two. I'm a fan of Lamar - he made that floppy javelin in Revenge of the Nerds.
Specifically designed for his limp wristed throwing style!

80s Big Hair
Admiral

Re: Eddie Deezen

#11 Post by 80s Big Hair »

Things are not going well for Deezen. https://dailycaller.com/2022/08/08/acto ... ie-deezen/

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Eddie Deezen

#12 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

80s Big Hair wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:36 pm Things are not going well for Deezen. https://dailycaller.com/2022/08/08/acto ... ie-deezen/
Sorry to hear about this, Big Hair:

"The 65-year-old actor will be required to stay in the care of the Maryland Department of Health and will not be permitted to leave until the courts are convinced he no longer poses
a threat to himself or to anyone else, according to TMZ.
A commitment order obtained by TMZ states that Deezen is reportedly unfit to stand trial due to a mental disorder and indicates he is considered to be a danger to himself and to those
around him, according to the outlet."