Lance LeGault

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Jean-Claude Fornier
Rear Admiral

Lance LeGault

#1 Post by Jean-Claude Fornier »

Lance LeGault (b. Henry Legault on May 2, 1935 in Chicago, Illinois, U.S., sometimes credited as W. L. LeGault) is an American actor who stars in films and on television. Lance grew up in Chillicothe, IL and graduated from Chillicothe Township High School in 1955. Lance's first 3 feature films he starred in were 3 Elvis Presley movies, Girls! Girls! Girls! (1962) in which he was a stunt double for Elvis Presley, Kissin' Cousins (1964), and Viva Las Vegas (1964). His most recent film is in the 2005 movie Tugger: The Jeep Who Wanted to Fly.

Lance has starred on some TV shows and in TV movies, his best known TV role was in the 1980s hit series The A-Team as Colonel Roderick Decker, a U.S. Army Colonel who tried to catch the fugitive Vietnam Vets. Lance played the role of Col. Decker from 1983-1986. He also had a recurring role in the other 1980s hit TV series Magnum, P.I. as a colonel, Colonel 'Buck' Greene.
source : wikipedia

Lance LeGault ...
from Colonel Decker chasing the "A Team" :

to Colonel Buck Greene, not Magnum's best friend :

Colonel Decker is certainly more sympathetic than very dark Colonel Buck Greene !
He was Colonel Paul Stark in "Simon and Simon" too !

Lance LeGault is "the" very strict guy, cult figure for so many TV series of the 80's/90's. (police, army, security, politic, etc..)

source :
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0499223/

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#2 Post by Doc Ibold »

I think Lance LeGault, while a talented actor, seemed to me to be typecast as an professional "A-hole."

Everything I seem to see him in, he just seems to play the guy who keeps the protaginist down.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#3 Post by N1095A »

Doc Ibold wrote:I think Lance LeGault, while a talented actor, seemed to me to be typecast as an professional "A-hole."

Everything I seem to see him in, he just seems to play the guy who keeps the protaginist down.
He also played the corrupt sheriff in the Airwolf episode "Sweet Britches", the episode that introduces Jean Bruce Scott at a regular. He appeared in two more episodes of Airwolf.
In real life he seems to be a heck of a nice guy, but you're right, he could play an awsome A-hole.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O7oiJmFadh4&feature=related

By the way, look who else appears in this episode! Jeff Mackay did two episodes of Airwolf, "Sweet Britches", and "To Snare A Wolf".

James Whitmore Jr. also did two episodes. "Sweet Britches", and "Daddy's Gone A Huntin'".
Last edited by N1095A on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by Jeffrey »

Jeff Mackay, and the second person is..(i think)Cowboy Billy Joe but i do not know the name off the actor. Great to see them in that scene with Lance.
TM "Rick wasn't overly enthusiastic about my plan. He thought it had some holes in it, and he was afraid they would end up in him...
I told him that was ridiculous."

MBJR9
Commander

#5 Post by MBJR9 »

Jeffrey wrote:Jeff Mackay, and the second person is..(i think)Cowboy Billy Joe but i do not know the name off the actor. Great to see them in that scene with Lance.
You are correct, and Billy Joe's real name is James Whitmore Jr. He actaully has quite an impressive list of roles. Also, he has taken up directing. Some of the shows he directed are Las Vegas, NCIS, The Unit, Bones, Jericho, etc.

N1095A

#6 Post by N1095A »

And let's not forget that this was the first episode featuring Jean Bruce Scott (Lt. Maggie Poole) who became a regular in the series (AIRWOLF) as as Caitlin O'Shaughnessy. It was great to see the MPI actors in other roles. MacKay and Whitmore also had starring roles in the series Baa Baa Black Sheep along with Larry Manetti. In addition they starred in Tales Of The Gold Monkey with Marta Dubois, and John Hillerman. Whitmore also played Nuzo in "Did You See The Sunrise", Arguably one of the best MPI episodes ever.
Last edited by N1095A on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

N1095A

Angry Whopper!

#7 Post by N1095A »

Just noticed it's Lance's voice in the new Burger King Angry Whopper commercial. Good to hear him again.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#8 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I 've seen the commercial in passing but haven't paid attention. I'll have to look at it next time it pops up.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Re: Lance LeGault

#9 Post by T.Q. »

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.