Tom is Awesome: A Story

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

eagle
Fleet Admiral

Re: Tom is Awesome: A Story

#16 Post by eagle »

TQ -- you & your memes! Love them. lol

Where do you get them all? Do you make them yourself?

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Ok, maybe I jumped the gun with the Hoff and Chuck Norris but really they aren't the terrible actors they're made out to be. :) Hoff could stretch his emotional chops when required in a few eps of Knight Rider, like when his fiancee Stevie (real life wife Catherine Hickland) gets killed at their wedding in the season 4 episode "The Scent of Roses". That one still chokes me up. :cry:

P.S. The Hoff could outswim and outsurfski the Mag any day of the week. He had lots of practice on Babe-Watch! :D

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by T.Q. »

eagle wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:55 pm TQ -- you & your memes! Love them. lol

The gifs?

No I just love gifs and find them.

I make a lot of my own Magnum ones when I think one would be a fun gif though.

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by T.Q. »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:59 pm Ok, maybe I jumped the gun with the Hoff and Chuck Norris
Yes, yes you did. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by eagle »

T.Q. wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:35 pm
eagle wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:55 pm TQ -- you & your memes! Love them. lol

The gifs?

No I just love gifs and find them.

I make a lot of my own Magnum ones when I think one would be a fun gif though.

You must know the series a lot better than I do, because I wouldn't know where to begin to find those clips to make a GIF! :magnum: :magnum:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by T.Q. »

eagle wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:50 pm
You must know the series a lot better than I do, because I wouldn't know where to begin to find those clips to make a GIF! :magnum: :magnum:
Not really. :P

Watched the series when Covid started to make my 4th wall compilation video. Saw some clips I liked.

Usually watch every 3-5 years or so.

I just look for good gif moments when I rewatch.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by eagle »

That's awesome. I liked your 4th wall notations.

Anyway, I'm nearing the end of my current viewing - I'm near the end of season 7. I'm in the middle of season 2 with my sons, and I've been following along with the 40th anniversary, so I'm really watching it three times at once right now :)

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by T.Q. »

eagle wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:01 pm That's awesome. I liked your 4th wall notations.

Anyway, I'm nearing the end of my current viewing - I'm near the end of season 7. I'm in the middle of season 2 with my sons, and I've been following along with the 40th anniversary, so I'm really watching it three times at once right now :)
Didn't know the 40th Anniversary Watch Party was still going. No one responded for quite some time so I stopped posting. Or just doing it on your own?

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by eagle »

I'm still going on my own I guess. Maybe I should post a little more often.

Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

T.Q. wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:03 pm
eagle wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:01 pm That's awesome. I liked your 4th wall notations.

Didn't know the 40th Anniversary Watch Party was still going. No one responded for quite some time so I stopped posting. Or just doing it on your own?
I'll be watching "Faith and Begorrah" next week and I'll be done with season 3 40th anniversary. I'm a few weeks behind though. And then this fall I'll be up to season 4. Exciting!! :D

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by eagle »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:07 pm
T.Q. wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:03 pm Didn't know the 40th Anniversary Watch Party was still going. No one responded for quite some time so I stopped posting. Or just doing it on your own?
I'll be watching "Faith and Begorrah" next week and I'll be done with season 3 40th anniversary. I'm a few weeks behind though. And then this fall I'll be up to season 4. Exciting!! :D
Cool, I'll be watching with you! :magnum:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by T.Q. »

eagle wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:24 pm
T.Q. wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:03 pm Didn't know the 40th Anniversary Watch Party was still going. No one responded for quite some time so I stopped posting. Or just doing it on your own?
If some people are in we can always start posting the dates again next season. :wink:

Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

T.Q. wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:39 am
eagle wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:24 pm
If some people are in we can always start posting the dates again next season. :wink:
Yep, and that way I can comment along with my thoughts on each episode, like you did with Five-O. :D Although I already posted a few reviews for the season 4 episodes that I already watched (over on the episodes' discussion forum).

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by T.Q. »

Properly framed. The right UV glass. And matting to keep the photo away from the glass.

Won't get ruined like my original one.

This one should last until I be dead. :P

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#30 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:19 pm Properly framed. The right UV glass. And matting to keep the photo away from the glass.

Won't get ruined like my original one.

This one should last until I be dead. :P
Very nice!