Tom is Awesome: A Story

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Tom is Awesome: A Story

#1 Post by T.Q. »

CHECK THIS OUT.

My Signed Tom Selleck is damaged so decided to see if I could get him to replace. I included photos for my kids too because they grew up watching with me. This was a year ago.

To cover my bases I sent 3 photos to two different locations. TWS Productions and Blue Bloods.

Just got home and my wife says "I got good news and I got bad news".

- "What's the bad news (had no clue what she was talking about)?"

She says "We got a package from Tom Selleck with a stock photo, signature and apology that he didn't customize your photos".

- "Oh, that's still cool, well I tried. What's the good news?"

"The second package came too".

BOOYA! He signed for the whole family!

What a cool guy.

Thanks Tom!
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Tom is Awesome: A Story

#2 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:45 am CHECK THIS OUT.

My Signed Tom Selleck is damaged so decided to see if I could get him to replace. I included photos for my kids too because they grew up watching with me. This was a year ago.

To cover my bases I sent 3 photos to two different locations. TWS Productions and Blue Bloods.

She says "We got a package from Tom Selleck with a stock photo, signature and apology that he didn't customize your photos".

What a cool guy.

Thanks Tom!
Awesome TQ! So cool to hear.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by eagle »

That's so cool. He seems like a genuinely nice man.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

What a cool guy.

Thanks Tom!
That is fantastic! It reinforces what a quality person he is, congrats on all those keepsakes!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Amian
Admiral

#5 Post by Amian »

What a cool guy.

Thanks Tom!
That's so cool!

Nice photos, by the way. Where did you get them? I have a poster from back in the day when he was an honorary USA volleyball member (1984 Olympics), but it's big and I'd be too scared to mail it anywhere. (Oh, found the poster online, here's what it looks like.https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 1728202768)

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by T.Q. »

Good feedback everyone.

Yeah, it's pretty cool he personized three photos. I think of that as asking a lot of him at once.

Wifey's take is he's old school and really appreciates his fans who helped put him where he is today. Something probably lost on the newer generations.

Amian, I just found the best pic I could on the Internet 1500x1200 (or whatever) and took it on a flash drive to Walgreens photo when I was in the States.

The girl got a kick out of my explanation why I was printing 6 Tom Selleck photos... But, alas, it paid off. :lol:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Yeah, we know he's awesome. That's why we're here! :lol:

In all seriousness, it is super cool in this day and age that he would take the time to do this.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Really cool, T.Q. I bet it was his little voice that told him to do it. :wink:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by T.Q. »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:23 pm Really cool, T.Q. I bet it was his little voice that told him to do it. :wink:
Yep.

And he made sure to spell all our names right too.

Cool he did it.
Double cool he did all three.
Triple cool he made sure to spell the names right.

1 x 2 x 3 = Sextuple cool. 8)

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Gorilla Mask »

It's a very nice attention from him, you are quite lucky T.Q.!

Tom seems to have handled the whirlwind that this big celebrity must have been in his life.

From what I understand he remains very close to his children and seems to have always protected them from the inconvenience of his personal situation, as a famous actor.

Someone who is straightforward and kept it simple.

Of course his public relations office seems to be very efficient too, but the result is there for the fans! :magnum:
"Je sais ce que vous allez me dire, et vous aurez raison..."

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

#11 Post by Magnum4eva »

This is dope! Tom is a lot like James Garner, both genuinely cool dudes of which will never be duplicated. Stars with that much talent and class just don't grow on trees.

Pahonu

#12 Post by Pahonu »

Magnum4eva wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:25 am This is dope! Tom is a lot like James Garner, both genuinely cool dudes of which will never be duplicated. Stars with that much talent and class just don't grow on trees.
I believe Tom has commented in the past that he considered Garner to be a mentor to him in the industry. Garner is my all-time favorite actor, followed by David Janssen, and Selleck.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Pahonu wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:09 am
Magnum4eva wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:25 am This is dope! Tom is a lot like James Garner, both genuinely cool dudes of which will never be duplicated. Stars with that much talent and class just don't grow on trees.
I believe Tom has commented in the past that he considered Garner to be a mentor to him in the industry. Garner is my all-time favorite actor, followed by David Janssen, and Selleck.
Actually here is the most accurate list of the all-time greatest actors:

1. Sean Connery
2. Clint Eastwood
3. Roger Moore
4. Harrison Ford
5. Mel Gibson
6. Jack Lord
7. David Hasselhoff
8. Chuck Norris
9. Andy Griffith
10. Don Knotts

:)

Somewhere further down this list is Tom Selleck and James Garner. And maybe David Janssen, even further down. Remember, you read it here first. :wink:

Pahonu

#14 Post by Pahonu »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:51 pm

1. Sean Connery
2. Clint Eastwood
3. Roger Moore
4. Harrison Ford
5. Mel Gibson
6. Jack Lord
7. David Hasselhoff
8. Chuck Norris
9. Andy Griffith
10. Don Knotts

Somewhere further down this list is Tom Selleck and James Garner. And maybe David Janssen, even further down. Remember, you read it here first. :wink:
Hasselhoff doesn’t belong in the top 1000! I watched him try to act in person for two years and it wasn’t pretty. :lol:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by T.Q. »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:51 pm

1. Sean Connery
2. Clint Eastwood
3. Roger Moore
4. Harrison Ford
5. Mel Gibson
6. Jack Lord
7. David Hasselhoff
8. Chuck Norris
9. Andy Griffith
10. Don Knotts

Love ya Ivan but... David Hasselhoff? :shock: :lol: