Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

RIP Roger E. Mosley

#1 Post by Doc Ibold »

Hi all,

Just came across this sad bit of news today and looks like it is legitimate

https://deadline.com/2022/08/roger-e-mo ... 86895/amp/

https://amp.tmz.com/2022/08/07/magnum-p ... dead-dies/

RIP Mr. Mosley and thank you for all the memories you gave us across your career

JungleBird
Commander

Re: RIP Roger E. Mosley

#2 Post by JungleBird »

Very sad news. May he rest in peace :(

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Little Garwood »

Sad to learn of this, as Roger and company are childhood heroes. Getting the bad news here at Magnum-Mania is appropriate, like getting it from someone who also keenly feels the loss.

According to this article, Roger had been in a recent car accident which left him paralyzed.

I admire what his daughter wrote, "He was surrounded by family as he transcended peacefully. We could never mourn such an amazing man. He would HATE any crying done in his name."
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#4 Post by Pahonu »

After a conversation with my wife recently, I was thinking about his starring role as blues guitarist Huddie Leadbetter in the biopic Leadbelly. Now he’s gone. He will be missed.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Pahonu wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:10 pm After a conversation with my wife recently, I was thinking about his starring role as blues guitarist Huddie Leadbetter in the biopic Leadbelly. Now he’s gone. He will be missed.
I don't know why but that movie has been grossly overlooked. Leadbelly was an American musical genius and Roger was terrific in the role. It was much more accurate
than the Hollywood sanitized biopics about other music makers such as Cole Porter(Night and Day 1946) which other than the songs depicted was all fiction.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#6 Post by Pahonu »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:01 am
Pahonu wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:10 pm After a conversation with my wife recently, I was thinking about his starring role as blues guitarist Huddie Leadbetter in the biopic Leadbelly. Now he’s gone. He will be missed.
I don't know why but that movie has been grossly overlooked. Leadbelly was an American musical genius and Roger was terrific in the role. It was much more accurate
than the Hollywood sanitized biopics about other music makers such as Cole Porter(Night and Day 1946) which other than the songs depicted was all fiction.
Couldn’t agree more!