Kathleen Nolan

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Kathleen Nolan

#1 Post by Chris109 »

Had Pluto TV on in the background just for the noise as I work. The Real McCoys was on from the late 50's early 60's and I heard a familiar voice. There she was... Mrs. Marston (aka Myrt Callahan). But no Sir Algernon Farnsworth.

Pluto TV has some good shows. Unfortunately, even tho they have some decent movies, they will drag a 90 minute movie out for 2 1/2 hours.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

Re: Kathleen Nolan

#2 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Chris109 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:50 am Had Pluto TV on in the background just for the noise as I work. The Real McCoys was on from the late 50's early 60's and I heard a familiar voice. There she was... Mrs. Marston (aka Myrt Callahan). But no Sir Algernon Farnsworth.

Pluto TV has some good shows. Unfortunately, even tho they have some decent movies, they will drag a 90 minute movie out for 2 1/2 hours.
I actually watched a few episodes of THE REAL McCOYS on YouTube (they have the whole series) a few months back and really enjoyed it. Never saw the series before. Walter Brennan was an absolute hoot to watch! I'd watch him in anything. Richard Crenna was in it too. One thing I noticed about Nolan is that she has this "little girl voice" on the show which I thought was cute. :) Can't remember if she sounded like that on MPI.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Little Garwood »

Kathleen Nolan had an "Ann-Margret stunt double" quality about her, didn't she? :wink:

Nolan has an amusing guest role in an episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker. She plays a vapid real-estate agent whom Kolchak has write a story for him while he goes about the business of tracking down a vampire.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#4 Post by Pahonu »

Little Garwood wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:17 pm Kathleen Nolan had an "Ann-Margret stunt double" quality about her, didn't she? :wink:

Nolan has an amusing guest role in an episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker. She plays a vapid real-estate agent whom Kolchak has write a story for him while he goes about the business of tracking down a vampire.
Yes, I have the series on DVD. It’s a favorite for revisiting!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Little Garwood »

"Thousands of people disappear! Is Amelia Earhart supposed to show up as a vampire?!?"

:lol:

~Tom Selleck

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

One thing I noticed about Nolan is that she has this "little girl voice" on the show which I thought was cute.
I kind of liked the Real McCoys, but her voice/accent drove me crazy! I could never like her in anything else because of it.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Little Garwood »

Lots of Real McCoys devotees here at Mannix-Mania. However, only The Annointed know that Green Acres is the one true absurdist rural sitcom. Green Acres is beyond batsh!t crazy. I (mostly) got through the late-1970s malaise through immersion in Green Acres repeats. Hooterville was a sanctuary during that time of economic uncertainty and national embarrassment. Forget Mr. Haney--as if anyone could--Oliver Wendell Douglas was the true crazy in that show.

:wink:

~Tom Selleck

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Oliver Wendell Douglas was the true crazy in that show.
I would agree, but everybody knows Arnold was the smart one.

Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:29 pm
One thing I noticed about Nolan is that she has this "little girl voice" on the show which I thought was cute.
I kind of liked the Real McCoys, but her voice/accent drove me crazy! I could never like her in anything else because of it.
I get what you're saying. At first her voice sounded kinda nasally and a bit annoying. Took a bit getting used to. But after a few episodes I kinda warmed up to her and found her voice kinda cute. :)

Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Little Garwood wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:22 pm Lots of Real McCoys devotees here at Mannix-Mania. However, only The Annointed know that Green Acres is the one true absurdist rural sitcom. Green Acres is beyond batsh!t crazy. I (mostly) got through the late-1970s malaise through immersion in Green Acres repeats. Hooterville was a sanctuary during that time of economic uncertainty and national embarrassment. Forget Mr. Haney--as if anyone could--Oliver Wendell Douglas was the true crazy in that show.

:wink:
Mr. Haney was a gem! The true star of the show. Always trying to stiff someone. :lol: Pat Buttram (always chuckle at that last name LOL) - what a voice!! Love it! :D