Autobiographies

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

litefoot
Vice Admiral

Re: Autobiographies

#61 Post by litefoot »

Here's a pleasant surprise. Everyone's favourite Asian American henchman, Al Leong, usually offed by the movie hero (Die Hard and Lethal Weapon for example), wrote his memoirs in 2011: The Eight Lives of Al "Ka-Bong" Leong. Early in his career, Al played 'Bodyguard 2' in 5.7 Mac's Back.

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#62 Post by litefoot »

Three time director David Hemmings wrote his memoirs, published after his death: 'Blow Up... and Other Exaggerations – The Autobiography of David Hemmings'. (5.6 Fragments, 5.14 Compulsion, 5.18 Let Me Hear the Music). Hemmings was also a well known British actor.

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#63 Post by litefoot »

The late Phil Hartman had an uncredited role as the newsreel narrator in 5.4 The Legacy of Garwood Huddle. Mike Thomas wrote a biography of the man, published 2014, titled You Might Remember Me: The Life and Times of Phil Hartman.

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#64 Post by litefoot »

Rick Lenz (5.9 Tran Quoc Jones) published his memoir 'North Of Hollywood' in 2012.

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#65 Post by litefoot »

'Jenny Agutter: A Working Biography' (2009) is a brief biography of the well known English actor from the likes of Walkabout, The Railway Children and An American Werewolf in London (5.12 Little Games).

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#66 Post by litefoot »

The legendary Susan Oliver was in 5.18 Let Me Hear the Music. Two years prior she published her book 'Odyssey: A Daring Transatlantic Journey', part memoir, part detailing her solo flight from the US to Denmark.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#67 Post by Pahonu »

litefoot wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:12 pm 'Jenny Agutter: A Working Biography' (2009) is a brief biography of the well known English actor from the likes of Walkabout, The Railway Children and An American Werewolf in London (5.12 Little Games).
I saw Walkabout several years ago on Turner Classic Movies and enjoyed it very much. I saw An American Werewolf in London in the theater when it was released and recently recorded it also on TCM for my first rewatch in 40 years!

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#68 Post by litefoot »

Pahonu wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:42 pm
litefoot wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:12 pm 'Jenny Agutter: A Working Biography' (2009) is a brief biography of the well known English actor from the likes of Walkabout, The Railway Children and An American Werewolf in London (5.12 Little Games).
I saw Walkabout several years ago on Turner Classic Movies and enjoyed it very much. I saw An American Werewolf in London in the theater when it was released and recently recorded it also on TCM for my first rewatch in 40 years!
Jenny is still a busy actor. She's done 86 episodes of popular BBC period drama call The Midwife over the last decade. And she's finished reprising her role in a sequel to The Railway Children.

And she was in Captain America: The Winter Soldier beating up Robert Redford's henchmen!

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#69 Post by litefoot »

Dennis Weaver (5.18 Let Me Hear The Music), best known for McCloud, Gunsmoke, and Duel, wrote his autobiography in 2001, 'All the World's a Stage'.

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#70 Post by litefoot »

Season 5 done. On to six!

Brit actor Arthur English had a small part in 6.2 Deja Vu Part 2 as a newspaper seller, but he's more well known for his role in BBC sitcom Are You Being Served? In 1986 he published his memoirs, 'Through the Mill and Beyond'.

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#71 Post by litefoot »

Henry Darrow of The High Chaparral fame co-wrote his memoirs in 'Henry Darrow: Lightning in the Bottle' (2015). He was a guest star in 6.8 Paniolo.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#72 Post by Pahonu »

litefoot wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:30 pm Henry Darrow of The High Chaparral fame co-wrote his memoirs in 'Henry Darrow: Lightning in the Bottle' (2015). He was a guest star in 6.8 Paniolo.
To me he was Lt. Manny Quinlin in the first half of the first season of Harry-O with David Janssen. A very poignant episode called Elegy for a Cop marked his final appearance on the series. Anthony Zerbe became Harry’s new police contact.

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#73 Post by litefoot »

Carl Ciarfalio, highly regarded Hollywood stuntman, who appeared in 6.13 Summer School, published his memoirs in 2015: 'Stars, Stunts and Stories: A Hollywood Stuntman's Fall to Fame'.

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#74 Post by litefoot »

We all know William Windom from Murder She Wrote, and Star Trek: The Doomsday Machine, and Columbo, and a million other roles, but he did pop up in 6.15 All Thieves On Deck, and he did publish his memoirs in 2009: 'Journeyman Actor: A Memoir'.

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#75 Post by litefoot »

Thaao Penghlis is an Australian actor known for his appearance in US soap operas, and the 1980s Mission Impossible series. His memoir, 'Places: The Journey of My Days, My Lives' was published in 2014. He also published a part memoir, part cookbook, 'Seducing Celebrities One Meal at a Time' in 2015 (6.15 All Thieves on Deck).