https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnum-PI-Cast ... rk:24:pf:0

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Magnum PI Cast Signed Photo

#2 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ThomasMagnum wrote:Just saw this come up, for those interested
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnum-PI-Cast ... rk:24:pf:0
Hi ThomasMagnum,
A "Magnum PI Cast Signed Photo Selleck Hillerman Manetti Mosley for $97.99"? That's more than fair as one might have gotten both Manetti and Mosley at the same autograph fair but then you'd have to get Selleck and the reclusive(now dead) Hillerman which could take years. When the bidding ends I bet it gets at least $300.00, as Magnum PI is certified classic TV and like Bonanza will be running 50 years later around the globe.
I used to dabble for a year or two in the 1980's in autographed photos, and when I was a kid my father encouraged history buff me to write the still
living leaders of WW 2. Tito, Jimmy Doolittle, Omar Bradley, later French president Mitterand(he fought with the Vichy Army!) and others sent not only autographed photos but letters. But Field Marshal Montgomery(who notably helped out the Boy Scouts and other groups that molded teen's character)
also sent me a weathered Travel chess set with the chessmen modeled on British and French soldiers at Waterloo that he said he had had for 40 years,
and since he was purging his home of accumulated clutter he "thought I might like it".
Okay I got side tracked, I wanted to say that you autograph seekers should keep your letter short but include something personal about them, to show you just aren't after a photo you can turn around and sell. Jimmy Cagney lived for a few years when a young actor in Berkley Heights in the Watchung Mtns a few towns over, so I mentioned that to him and asked if he had been to my town. He sent back not just one but two autographed photos and a note typed by his secretary that he signed saying he was at his happiest living there.
I lost all the letters sent me in a basement flood - had the photos upstairs -and my brother's bum friend stole Monty's chess set. Generally possessions and 'toys' mean nothing to me but that chess set meant a lot. It'll probably wind up on E Bay as well someday, if it does I don't want to know.
Last edited by Luther's nephew Dobie on Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by eagle »

Wow, that's awesome!

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Laohu »

Imagenearest mobil gas station

This one is on eBay now

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

I was looking at that photo, thinking, "Who the f-k are those people??" then I realized it was the reboot cast.

Please keep reboot stuff in the Reboot forum instead of polluting the rest of the forum - which is about the ORIGINAL Magnum P.I.. That is the purpose of having a Reboot forum.
Last edited by Mad Kudu Buck on Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by eagle »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:I was looking at that photo, thinking, "Who the f-k are those people??" then I realized it was the reboot cast.
lol - I didn't look that closely, but I also didn't recognize them either. I wondered who they were, too.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by K Hale »

This sort of thing is appearing in several original threads and it’s all being done for attention.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#8 Post by ConchRepublican »

K Hale wrote:This sort of thing is appearing in several original threads and it’s all being done for attention.
Correct. I need to be a better hall monitor.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04