R.I.P. Marta DuBois

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

R.I.P. Marta DuBois

#1 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

I haven't found anything to confirm this very sad news, but the source sounds legitimate? I'm hoping it's not true. :cry:

Last edited by Rembrandt's Girl on Sat May 12, 2018 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: R.I.P. Marta Dubois?

#2 Post by 308GUY »

Wow....first JH...then Pahonu...now Michelle.......hope she went peacefully with little/no "suffering". R.I.P.

"Change is the only constant in the universe" :|
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Sure hope it's not true!
Very sad if this is the case.
:(

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Oh my gosh I just found this, I guess it is true, she had a brain aneurysm. :cry:

https://m.facebook.com/The-Sal-Dano-Wor ... 343354814/

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: R.I.P. Marta Dubois

#5 Post by KENJI »

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

Re: R.I.P. Marta Dubois

#6 Post by KingKC »

Very sad to hear this. I liked her best in the McBride movies with John Larroquette.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

Re: R.I.P. Marta DuBois

#7 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Bummer. Thomas and Michelle are my favorite TV couple of all time. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Steve »

Oh my god.......Hillerman, The Estate and now Ms. DuBois! She was the perfect pick to play Magnum's wife, stunningly exotic right up to the latest pics I saw of her........

Steve-O
Commander

#9 Post by Steve-O »

Sad to hear this news. Strangely/coincidentally, I had recently been watching the one and only season of Tales of the Gold Monkey for the first time, and watched the last episode of the series just last Thursday. That episode, Mourning Becomes Matuka, featured Marta's character (Princess Koji), faking her death. Though Marta only appeared in a few MPI episodes, she was of course a pillar in TM's character. At some point, I will post my short analysis of TGM.

Soon I will be watching the (Baa Baa) Black Sheep (Squadron) series featuring Larry Manetti (and the above-mentioned John Laroquette) and Jeff MacKay. I've seen a handful of these episodes over the years, but not the full series. Looking forward to that.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#10 Post by J.J. Walters »

RIP Marta!

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#11 Post by Pahonu »

Steve-O wrote:Sad to hear this news. Strangely/coincidentally, I had recently been watching the one and only season of Tales of the Gold Monkey for the first time, and watched the last episode of the series just last Thursday. That episode, Mourning Becomes Matuka, featured Marta's character (Princess Koji), faking her death. Though Marta only appeared in a few MPI episodes, she was of course a pillar in TM's character. At some point, I will post my short analysis of TGM.

Soon I will be watching the (Baa Baa) Black Sheep (Squadron) series featuring Larry Manetti (and the above-mentioned John Laroquette) and Jeff MacKay. I've seen a handful of these episodes over the years, but not the full series. Looking forward to that.
I purchased Tales of the Gold Monkey several years ago. I had watched it as a kid and loved it then. It holds up pretty well, I think. Marta was good as the princess. Bellisario used half of the MPI cast, it seems!

My Father loved Baa Baa Black Sheep, and I've seen every one of them more than once. We got to meet Greg Boyington at the Reno Air Races when I was a kid and he signed my dad's copy of his book. That was in the early 80's, just after the show finished. I haven't seen it in years... Curious about what you think about it.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by MagnumILWU »

When I googled her, there is only that one little blip about her passing! I can't find anything else that claims she died! One says she's in a coma? Wikipedia still has her alive!
"pickled egg please"

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Steve »

MagnumILWU wrote:When I googled her, there is only that one little blip about her passing! I can't find anything else that claims she died! One says she's in a coma? Wikipedia still has her alive!
Sounds like Memories Are Forever

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#14 Post by ConchRepublican »

Incredibly sad.

Just a reminder, and not to be a downer, we never know what tomorrow brings.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MikeS
Admiral

#15 Post by MikeS »

I noticed after the thread here and within a few days Wikipedia had added Died: to the section on the right but at the top of her page it still read "Marta Dubois is a Panamanian actress" - so which is it??? Died has since been removed, around the 14th.

Neither IMDB or Wikipedia made mention of her marriage to Sal Dano, I believe his given name was Salvatore Giardano, I'm sure I've got the spelling wrong. The Sal Dano Actors Workshop was his, or was started in his name or honor.

Interestingly, I had recently listened to the audio of what I think was a Skype conversation with Marta from around 2013. She said a number of times she had lost her husband Sal 6 years ago, he died in 2007. Marta was really shaken by his passing and she said it was what drove her back to the religion of her youth, she was raised Catholic. The conversation was really and mostly about her work in her husband's actors workshop, training young actors to remain moral and not to sellout and do something they would later regret simply to get a part... this interview was 2013, before the MeToo movement.

Two bits I thought were kinda cool and stood out, She was asked something to the affect - what was your favorite role or favorite experience as an actor working on a set... do I really need to say she said Michelle was it. She also mentioned having a conversation with Stacy Keach during some downtime on a set, and that they had a discussion about PEDs in sports, cutting corners to succeed, along those lines. It should be pretty easy to find again if interested.

It was a heavy conversation more about keeping the faith in a difficult career choice, suffering loss, and getting back to a place of peace and joy. I hope she was happy in her last years, and I hope she has atleast planted some good seed in the aspiring actors that found their way to the wokshop.
MikeS