Kathleen Lloyd

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by Sam »

N1095A,
What I do is pick out an actor that had a minor role in the show and then see what info is available on them.Sorta "What was their story"

Geoff Heise appeared in 3 episodes.This cap is from "Home From the Sea" He played Goffrey Boner.He still lives on Oahu and sells real estate.When you're ready to buy that second home on Oahu,give him a call. :)

http://www.choi-realty.com/scripts/inde ... urrID=4405

http://magnum-mania.com/images/4_1_b_full.jpg

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#17 Post by J.J. Walters »

Smmmmokin'!

:D
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Frodoleader »

Thats the Carol (Kathleen) I love and remember!!!
Thanks James!
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#19 Post by rubber chicken »

For sure. I think people on this site have slighted her in the past, saying she wasn't quite in the same league as Magnum, and they wouldn't have made a good couple. I feel I must condemn that position in the strongest of terms! :P

She wasn't made up to be too sexy in the show because she was intended to look the part of a 1980s professional woman. The clothes and the hair were designed to win court cases, not to flaunt physical attributes. But she was dead sexy despite that, and even partly because of it. She was a tigress in a cage of "power dress" clothing, just waiting for the right opportunity to escape her confines and maul a lucky man.

I think Carol and Magnum would have gotten together in an alternate universe where TV's male leads don't have to be single. Magnum P.I. relied on the star being single in order to bring in attractive women for many episodes (and thank heavens for that!), but in my view Carol and Magnum would have been great together.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#20 Post by Agatha »

I agree wholeheartely, rubber chicken and...they WERE great together!!

Their interactions were the best!! I'm thinking about The Man from Marseilles...hilarious! He was so protective of her. Like in Compulsion...very sweet. And...hmmm...the one with Flowers in the title...Death of the Flowers? Was that it? Where her judge/mentor killed himself and it involved IcePick's old love. And when she found out that Eileen Brennen was her real mom...

But they bickered like a married couple! Blind Justice...On Face Value...No More Mr Nice Guy...and...and...

I know that we talk a lot about the "main four" in this series but I really feel that Carol was an integral part of the group, too! Maybe not part of the "team" but still important to all of them.

After all...if we're going to write people off for gray hair...well, my guess is that this forum would have a fair number of missing "maniacs!"

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by sophia »

I agree Agatha, I have always thought Carol and Thomas were perfect for each other.
Maybe Tom will make the Magnum movie and we will all find out they
did get together. Tom always made the worst choices when it came to women. I agree with you, Rubber Chicken, Magnum had to be single and the show had to have sexy women on each week. I have to say I can only think of one lady I really liked and would not have minded if she ended up marrying Thomas, and that was Carol. Hey, they could have gotten another couple season with that storyline.
:wink:
sophia

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by lutherhgillis »

My first reaction to the recent photo of Lloyd was, "Yikes!" But, then again, nealry 30 years has produced a change in all of us. When I see myself in the mirror, I go "Double Yikes!".

Thanks for posting the recent photos of MPI stars and guests. It is somewhat sobering to see their changes and it is curiously interesting as well.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

gmt16750
Captain

#23 Post by gmt16750 »

i watched Harper's island, and even if it's nothing new as a tv serie, i think Elaine Cassidy could be Carol in a Magnum remake
(but i don't look forward to it as i think it can't be true to Magnum P.I. 's spirit without Selleck/Hillerman : they were worth 80% of the serie for me)
Agatha: Why does he always do that, Jonathan?
Higgins: I don't know, Agatha. I think sometimes our creator is testing me. Indeed it could be for no other reason. If i thought otherwise i believe i truly would go irrevocably irretrievably mad!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#24 Post by golfmobile »

FWIW, my thoughts on Carol and Thomas would be that, if they ever got to the position where he was leaning down to kiss her and they kissed, then they would both crack up laughing, the way Lou Grant and Mary Richards did on the MTM show when the "audience" was pushing to see where such a romance would go. My feeling was that Carol and Thomas were so close in a platonic fashion that a sexual romance would have seemed almost like incest -- UGH! SHUDDER! Icky . . . . Still, in my imagination, if it happened, I would like to see it in such a way that Carol rejects HIM, but I don't think that would happen, as there always seemed to be a slight undercurrent of longing in Carol when with TM. As though she knew totally and completely that it was futile, but she knew if she wanted to be around him and in his life, she needed to be ONLY a good friend. Depends on the episode to see which emotion she seems to be experiencing. Anyone else see what I mean?

JMO.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#25 Post by Agatha »

I agree, golf! There are episodes where I start to think that Carol is "the one" for Thomas but, like you say, I just can't see it going beyond the friendship that they have...a friendship that a lot of married couples don't have, by the way.

I've always thought that Carol would have been Lily's female model as she grew up...staying in touch...talking girl talk...like an "aunt"...maybe become a lawyer when she grew up because of Carol's influence...but in a surragate mother kind of way...because of Carol's and Thomas's deep friendship.

I think Kathleen Lloyd was PERFECT in this role!! Very attractive in a "girl next door" way...smart...funny...PERFECT!!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

Re:

#26 Post by Hawaii Winds »

Doc Ibold wrote:Actually, if you look at the first few episodes that she was in on MPI, you can see her going gray already.

Late season 5 or season 6, you can tell she was dying it as the gray is completely gone.
I agree Doc, they really should have kept a closer eye on the color of her hair. What happened to her character in the series? Did they ever say?

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: Re:

#27 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Hawaii Winds wrote:
Doc Ibold wrote:Actually, if you look at the first few episodes that she was in on MPI, you can see her going gray already.

Late season 5 or season 6, you can tell she was dying it as the gray is completely gone.
I agree Doc, they really should have kept a closer eye on the color of her hair. What happened to her character in the series? Did they ever say?
They may have been actually dying her hair grey to give her a bit of an older look. The may have just abandoned that idea later. I just checked her birth date and she would have been only 35 in 1983 - possible she had that much grey, but unlikely.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

Re:

#28 Post by Hawaii Winds »

N1095A wrote:Image
A recent photo of Kathleen Lloyd (right)
As Higgie baby would say OMG!!!!

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

Re: Kathleen Lloyd

#29 Post by marlboro »

Just happened to stumble across Kathleen in an early 70s made for tv movie called "Incident on a Dark Street."

I think she looked better on Magnum.

It's on Youtube. Not very good imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu92rMp6Gn4

Lots of familiar faces in this one though. Including the guy from CHiPs who played Magnum's dad in "Home from the Sea."

MikeS
Admiral

Re: Kathleen Lloyd

#30 Post by MikeS »

I had a friend in college who at 23 years young was fully salt & pepper. Funny, we were both playing music in rock bands, he had a face of a young man but a big head of hair the color of a man in his mid 50s :) It happens.
MikeS