Kathleen Lloyd

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

eegorr
Vice Admiral

Kathleen Lloyd

#1 Post by eegorr »

The season four opener of The Practice ran today on FX. In it, Kathleen Lloyd plays the wife of a character played by Henry Winkler: a dentist with an unusual fetish who is found guilty of murdering a patient! But enough of that...

She also appears in tomorrow's episode and again later in season four in episode 15, which should run on June 27th, by my calculation. If anyone is interested, the show runs on FX at 11:00AM EDT.

I always thought she was kind of cute in the MPI episodes, in a girl-next-door kind of way, but she is not holding up well, IMHO. And this was eight years ago!

She hasn't done much since then. Frankly, I'm surprised she hasn't appeared in a Jesse Stone movie.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#2 Post by N1095A »

I remember her from an episode of Airwolf as well. She was quite a beautiful woman in those days. I haven't seen any recent photos though.
As the old saying states, "True beauty is timeless".
Last edited by N1095A on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yes, Kathleen Lloyd does it for me, as well. She's found steady work her whole career. If you want to see her in a great early role, check out The Missouri Breaks (1976) with Jack Nicholson, Marlon Brando and Randy Quaid. She gets a lot of screen time and the movie is not that bad, either.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A

#4 Post by N1095A »

A recent photo of Kathleen Lloyd (right)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#5 Post by golfmobile »

Oh, my goodness! But, ya know, if she would only dye her hair light brown, she wouldn't look so old. I apologize if that offends anyone, but I'm an "old lady" myself and I dye my hair, because gray/white hair adds to one's age unnecessarily. It may looks distinguishing on males, but on females, it's a deal-breaker. She really doesn't look that bad and is easily recognizable. But not-gray-hair would help.

I'm not any good with PhotoShop, but a quickie "paint" job. Doesn't his make her look if not younger, at least not quite as old?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#6 Post by Doc Ibold »

Actually, if you look at the first few episodes that she was in on MPI, you can see her going gray already.

Late season 5 or season 6, you can tell she was dying it as the gray is completely gone.

N1095A

#7 Post by N1095A »

None of us are getting any younger. That Selleck guy doesn't seem to age much though.

eegorr
Vice Admiral

#8 Post by eegorr »

Doc Ibold wrote:Actually, if you look at the first few episodes that she was in on MPI, you can see her going gray already.

Late season 5 or season 6, you can tell she was dying it as the gray is completely gone.
I noticed that myself! She must have gotten even more gray in the interim, so they asked her to dye it.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#9 Post by rubber chicken »

I saw the movie Best Seller (1987) the other day and was surprised to notice Kathleen Lloyd was in it. James Woods plays opposite Brian Dennehy as a hit-man, and Kathleen Lloyd plays Woods' sister.

She's only in a short part where Woods and Dennehy go back to Woods' childhood home, and has only one quick line when they're eating dinner. It was nice to see her outside of Magnum P.I. world though, and Best Seller is underrated as a movie.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#10 Post by golfmobile »

rc,

I don't recall her in that movie, but I agree that it is a very good movie. Those are two actors that rarely make a "bad" movie. My husband and I discuss this a lot -- for example, you can almost always count on a movie with the following actors to be a good movie:

Sean Connery (exception: Rising Sun)
Harrison Ford (exception: Mosquito Coast)
Kurt Russell (can't think of an exception)

Sorry, in my opinion, our TS has made a couple of slightly lame ones.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#11 Post by rubber chicken »

Agreed, even though he's a hit-man and has done terrible things, Woods' character in Best Seller is well played. The way he tries to reach out to Dennehy is touching.

N1095A

#12 Post by N1095A »

Found another more recent shot. Lately I seem to have a morbid facination with finding photos of MPI stars , and what they look like today.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Sam »

Good Morning N1095A,

Except for the hair color she doesn't look much older....On the other hand,Doc looks much much older.

http://archives.starbulletin.com/2007/1 ... ergera.jpg

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Steve »

Something about a woman with olive complexion and gorgeous silver hair like that drives me wild. I just might have to become a Kathleen Lloyd stalker........

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Frodoleader »

"Lately I seem to have a morbid facination with finding photos of MPI stars , and what they look like today."

Sounds like an excellent idea for a new thread to me!