RIP Marcia Wallace who played Barbara "Babs" Terranova

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Bennyjc
Lieutenant Junior Grade

RIP Marcia Wallace who played Barbara "Babs" Terranova

#1 Post by Bennyjc »

Marcia Wallace passed away on October 25, 2013 she was best known by magnum P.I. fans as playing Barbara "Babs" Terranova from season 1 episode 18 "Beauty Knows No Pain" . She was an American character actress, comedienne and game show panelist, primarily known for her roles in television sitcoms. She is perhaps best known for her roles as receptionist Carol Kester on the 1970s sitcom The Bob Newhart Show, and as the voice of elementary school teacher Edna Krabappel on the animated series The Simpsons, for which she won an Emmy for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance in 1992. She will be greatly missed.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Re: RIP Marcia Wallace who played Barbara "Babs" Terranova

#2 Post by Doc Ibold »

Bennyjc wrote:Marcia Wallace passed away on October 25, 2013 she was best known by magnum P.I. fans as playing Barbara "Babs" Terranova from season 1 episode 18 "Beauty Knows No Pain" . She was an American character actress, comedienne and game show panelist, primarily known for her roles in television sitcoms. She is perhaps best known for her roles as receptionist Carol Kester on the 1970s sitcom The Bob Newhart Show, and as the voice of elementary school teacher Edna Krabappel on the animated series The Simpsons, for which she won an Emmy for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance in 1992. She will be greatly missed.
Amen to that. She was in some really good stuff. RIP

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#3 Post by ConchRepublican »

Bennyjc wrote:Marcia Wallace passed away on October 25, 2013 she was best known by magnum P.I. fans as playing Barbara "Babs" Terranova from season 1 episode 18 "Beauty Knows No Pain" . She was an American character actress, comedienne and game show panelist, primarily known for her roles in television sitcoms. She is perhaps best known for her roles as receptionist Carol Kester on the 1970s sitcom The Bob Newhart Show, and as the voice of elementary school teacher Edna Krabappel on the animated series The Simpsons, for which she won an Emmy for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance in 1992. She will be greatly missed.
An extremely familiar face in the 70s and early 80s. RIP.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Mcmullan
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#4 Post by Mcmullan »

Just watched this episode for the first time last night. Didn't realise she voiced Edna in The Simpsons. Can see the resemblance now!

harvey
Ensign

#5 Post by harvey »

Starting at the beginning and re-watching every ep. Just watched this one today. She's fantastic in it. Oh, and she was also terrific on Match Game.

Never forget, Magnum Maniacs..."Knees to chest!" :magnum:

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#6 Post by ConchRepublican »

harvey wrote:Starting at the beginning and re-watching every ep. Just watched this one today. She's fantastic in it. Oh, and she was also terrific on Match Game.

Never forget, Magnum Maniacs..."Knees to chest!" :magnum:
Welcome aboard harvey! The lads are enjoying a steak so take your time looking around. :)
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by terryfromkerry »

Welcome Harvey

Let's not forget " beauty knows no pain "
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by 308GUY »

Welcome aboard harvey. Always good to see new recruits!

The more I watch the series, the more I come to like the episode that featured Marsha in it. "Babs" was perfect in her role and I really like the relationship she establishes with TM. Different than just about any other female co-star in the entire series, IMHO :magnum:

Always enjoyed her in the Newhart show too. Didn't watch the Simpsons so can't really relate to her role there, but I'm sure she was stellar, as I don't recall ever seeing her where she wasn't adding to the script because she was in the show.

Enjoy your stay! :lol:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by T.Q. »

Just watched a crazy bad Rob Schneider movie last night Big Stan.

Marcia Wallace was in it.

I was today years old when I learned she passed away. RIP
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.