R.I.P. Russ Mayberry - Director

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MAGNUM308
Lieutenant Junior Grade

R.I.P. Russ Mayberry - Director

#1 Post by MAGNUM308 »

I recently learned of Russ Mayberry's passing http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0562251/. I never got to meet him but was a fellow firefighter with his son. He dirceted 12 magnum shows and so many other shows. Thanks for all the great shows Russ, R.I.P.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

RIP Russ . . . thank you for your contributions to our favorite show and your risks as a firefighter . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MAGNUM308
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#3 Post by MAGNUM308 »

He directed so many episodes that I liked was sorry to see him gone. As far as being a firefighter, I thank you but in all reality we are all just little kids that have fun in our adult life, lol.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Steve »

He really did direct some of the best Magnum episodes and even directed the very last Miami Vice episode "Freefall" that truly ended that series on a high note after a couple of brutally bad seasons.......Godspeed Russ..........

Estate resident
Captain

#5 Post by Estate resident »

Things like this man's death should spur the powers that be they need to get off the butts and make the MPI motion picture w/ one last big case solved by the whole cast, including Mr Hillerman. If they made The Crystal Skull w/ Harrison they could certainly make a MPI movie.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#6 Post by Pahonu »

Steve wrote:He really did direct some of the best Magnum episodes and even directed the very last Miami Vice episode "Freefall" that truly ended that series on a high note after a couple of brutally bad seasons.......Godspeed Russ..........
He also directed a couple of pretty good episodes of one of my other favorite series: Harry O starring David Janssen. A very talented man.

MAGNUM308
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#7 Post by MAGNUM308 »

The list of shows he worked on was pretty cool. Imdb has a full list.