Lady X

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by Coops »

Awesome. This may be one of the best threads ever.

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#32 Post by Jeffrey »

@ J.J.

Having seen every single A-team episode, including the Marla Heasley ones, I should have recognized her from te very start.

However, I'm not convinced it's her. She doesn't have Magnum on her IMDB-page as well.

Say It With Bullets, 1983, A-team

And here in Magnum:
TM "Rick wasn't overly enthusiastic about my plan. He thought it had some holes in it, and he was afraid they would end up in him...
I told him that was ridiculous."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#33 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, on second look, I'm a little suspect, as well. I just sent the "informant" a reply. We'll see what he has to say.

My main concern deals directly with her A-Team appearances. The "corvette lady" (aka "Lady X") in "Blind Justice" aired in 11/84, which would have been after Ms. Heasley's season on the A-Team. After a season on the A-Team as a main cast member, why would she film a 5-second, no-lines, uncredited appearance on Magnum? Also, her nose looks slightly different. But man, their faces DO look similar!

All three of "Lady X's" MPI appearances were uncredited (hence, not in the IMDB).

The mystery continues!

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

The women in the pictures have different cheeks.
The one in Jeffrey's first picture and J.J.'s second, the woman's cheeks are wider towards the lower jawline, whereas the woman in the other pictures has a very "heart shaped" face, (narrow at the bottom, wider at the cheekbones).
Unless she put on substantial weight, I don't think they are the same person.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#35 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Very similar, but something just isn't right. Lady X has a unique smile that shows only her upper teeth.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#36 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, after closer inspection, we're not so confident in our initial assessment anymore! It's probably not Marla Heasley! That's what I get for posting too quickly. :oops:

It's probably best that she goes unidentified. She's more mysterious and alluring, like one of the unnamed women in any of The Cars songs that Ric Ocasek and Ben Orr are always singing about. ;)

jtown
Ensign

#37 Post by jtown »

rubber chicken wrote:This topic is kind of highjacking this episode's thread, but I'm pretty sure I've discovered another "Lady X" appearance, this time in Professor Johnathan Higgins (5.13). The hair is different, but I think the facial features indicate a positive ID. Thoughts?

I'm really wondering about her real life story now. As extras go, she was practically a star of the show.
I think the images above are of this woman who also appeared in Season 5's Under World and walks past Magnum and Rick right after Lady X. Not a great picture, sorry.

Styles Bitchley

#38 Post by Styles Bitchley »

jtown wrote:I think the images above are of this woman who also appeared in Season 5's Under World and walks past Magnum and Rick right after Lady X. Not a great picture, sorry.
Yep, that's her for sure (but that was mentioned in the original post).
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

jtown
Ensign

#39 Post by jtown »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
jtown wrote:I think the images above are of this woman who also appeared in Season 5's Under World and walks past Magnum and Rick right after Lady X. Not a great picture, sorry.
Yep, that's her for sure (but that was mentioned in the original post).
Actually, they are two different women, Lady X and this woman. Lady X and she walk by Magnum and Rick a few seconds apart. They are very much two unique individuals.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#40 Post by J.J. Walters »

Oh yeah, you're right. They are two different women! "Lady X" and "Lady Y"! LOL! :)

"Lady X" is definitely the one driving the vette and jeep, though. I'll be keeping my eye out for "Lady Y" in future Magnum viewings.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#41 Post by J.J. Walters »

Caught a glimpse of "Lady X" again (in "On Face Value"). She's definitely stalking Magnum. :)

Styles Bitchley

#42 Post by Styles Bitchley »

J.J. Walters wrote:Caught a glimpse of "Lady X" again (in "On Face Value"). She's definitely stalking Magnum. :)
Glad to know you're staying alert when a bikini babe walks into the frame James! :wink:

- J.Q.H.

Styles Bitchley

#43 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Hey! I wonder if Larry Manetti could be of some assistance in solving the mystery that has stumped all of us? He tends to get the emails send to his radio show email address.

- J.Q.H.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#44 Post by rubber chicken »

Looks about right James, good eye. I think she walks by again at 3:28, 4:52, and maybe 16:53 in the beach bar scene but they aren't good shots. I took some closeups for better clarity.

They must have had a list of extras that they could call on short notice, especially for beach scenes like this where many people needed to be placed in the background. Perhaps she was simply a local who they put on their short list?

Asking Larry Manetti sounds like a good idea, someone should do that. Might be a long shot though. I'd have a tough time remembering an acquaintance from 28 years ago. :)

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by Seaver41 »

LOL.....I don't know who is more crazy........you guys for creating this thread or me for reading it!