Selleck Interview in next weeks TV Guide

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

stever
Lieutenant Commander

Selleck Interview in next weeks TV Guide

#1 Post by stever »

I can't find the interview online anyplace but TS is interviewed in next weeks issue of TV Guide about his new show Blue Bloods. But the itneresting Q & A for me was the last one.

TVG: Think you'll ever play Magnum again?
TS: I keep hearing about a movie. Universal has the rights and they don't call and they don't write. That said, if you took a poll tomorrow as to who should play him, I can almost guarantee I would win. My fear is we see too many examples of studios buying the rights to a franchise then spending $100 million on explosions and trivializing and making fun of it. Magnum's in the Smithsonian and for a very serious reason. It was the first show to portray Vietnam veterans in a positive light. I'm very proud of that.

SR

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by zebra3 »

wow those are some pretty strong words, I really have to agree with him there. The thing is, you know that the studios are going to trivialize it.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Danno »

zebra3 wrote:The thing is, you know that the studios are going to trivialize it.
I know what you mean, but I think the remake of Miami Vice was a serious attempt, however it obviously fell short.

I like that Selleck sounds to be keen to make it.
That being said, time is running short, Universal.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org