Laurie Foi stricken

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

robspace54
Vice Admiral

Laurie Foi stricken

#1 Post by robspace54 »

Ms. Laurie Foi who was in two episodes (Did You See The Sunrise & Try To Remember) suffered a stroke recently on Oahu but is recovering. She played, respectively a nurse, and the hostess at the Crouching Lion Inn in those shots.

From the Star-Bulletin:

LAURIE FOI, the local casting agent for ABC TV's new Hawaii-based series "Off the Map," is recovering from a brain aneurysm, and the Hawaii Actors Network has set up a fund to help with hospital costs.

Foi, 59, was briefly in a coma after being stricken Sept. 22, said her daughter, Danyel Kilgore, who flew in from Arkansas.

Her mother got her start in the 1980s on "Magnum, P.I." and has been involved with numerous TV and film projects. Foi is partially paralyzed, but her doctors are hopeful she will recover, according to Kilgore. She can comprehend what's being said and is beginning to speak.

"She is showing progression every day," her daughter said. "There are small miracles."

The Hawaii Actors Network is a social networking site with more than 2,800 members. Its online donation page can be found at www.offthemapnetwork.com.

"We wanted to show our strength in numbers and help one of our own in need," said Teddy Wells, site founder.

Kilgore, a preschool teacher, was moved by the effort from people her mother has worked with for years.

"It really has been wonderful," she said. "In many ways it makes sense, but at the same time it is always touching when people reach out in time of tragedy."
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.