Movie - "Midway" some MPI stars in this movie...

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

Movie - "Midway" some MPI stars in this movie...

#1 Post by Italian Ice »

Midway

Has anyone actually seen this movie? I just heard of it now while here on a lazy Sunday. Tom Selleck is in this movie, surrounded by a powerful cast. There are also a lot of Japanese actors in this movie that were on MPI, pretty much all of the ones you saw on the show are in this movie.

Never heard anyone mention it so I thought I'd bring it up, very good movie if you haven't seen it, but I'm sure some of you "vets" have seen it. I wasn't even born yet when this one came out.....
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Steve »

I'm old enough to have seen the movie in theaters when it was done in "Surround Sound". The other movies I recall in that format were; "Towwering Inferno" and "Earthquake". Basically it was just some sound system that would make the seats shake a bit from the sound of explosions and such. That is also the first time I recall seeing Tom Selleck in a movie on the big screen.............

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#3 Post by SelleckLover »

Yes, I have actually watched the whole movie. There's also another guy that is in the movie that played in Magnum...can't remember the name of the episode, but it's the one where they are filming a movie on the estate, and Magnum plays this guy's stunt double and the guy gets shot with a stunt pistol by his own wife. That same guy....can't remember his name was also in Mr. Baseball. Anyway...I'd highly recommend this movie to watch. It shows how this battle was won mostly by guessing! They didn't have any sattellites, and sophisticated equipment that we have now, way back then. You talk about "flying by the seat of your pants!" Great movie! :D

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

SelleckLover wrote:There's also another guy that is in the movie that played in Magnum...can't remember the name of the episode, but it's the one where they are filming a movie on the estate, and Magnum plays this guy's stunt double and the guy gets shot with a stunt pistol by his own wife. That same guy....can't remember his name was also in Mr. Baseball.
Double Jeopardy (S02E19)

The guy's name is Larry Pennell.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by MACattack »

James Shigeta and Pat Morita were both in MIDWAY, plus each had starred in an episode of MPI
I just don't give a damn!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#6 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Midway is one of my favorites. I have it on DVD but always watch when it comes on tv. I usually get the "I can't believe he is watching this again" eye roll.