The Tom Selleck Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Tom Selleck Thread

#901 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Sam wrote:Nice RG.. I found this article on Martha she was up for mother of the year in 1985.

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-04-23/ ... om-selleck
I've never read that one before, Sam... thanks for posting!

I just found a nice pic of Tom & Jillie that I've never seen before either so thought I'd post...

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#902 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Here's a pic I just found that I've never seen before... TS's prom photo!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#903 Post by Steve »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Here's a pic I just found that I've never seen before... TS's prom photo!

I'm loving that plaid jacket, and I am dead serious! By the way, my first wife's older sister went to High School with TS at Grant High School in Van Nuys and their father was a cameraman on; Perry Mason, Star Trek and The Mary Tyler Moore Show.........

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#904 Post by nha trang »

Hi Guys,

I finally got around to sending a SASE of a few items (ok maybe like 5) for Mr. Selleck to sign, and I sent it to the Westlake address.

It was delivered on May 7, 2018 via USPS priority mail. I know Mr. Selleck wrapped up "Blue Bloods" filming a month or two ago and was rumored to be working on the next installment of his Jesse Stone movies.

I also know that it isn't a priority for Mr. Selleck but I'm starting to lose hope for getting my items signed. Anyone have any tips on if my address was no longer good or what the chances are that Tom will get around to it?

Appreciate it and wish me luck

nha trang

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#905 Post by K Hale »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:I subscribe to Honolulu Magazine and also follow them on Instagram, and they just posted this... with all this reboot stuff going on this pic made me very, very sad.

Anyone else feel like the want to go back in time? :cry:

That looks like it was shot during the study scene in "Black on White."
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#906 Post by K Hale »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Don't know if this has been posted before. I haven't seen this particular interview so thought I'd post. Edit - Oops, I see MagnumILWU posted this video in a topic of its own last year. Oh well, now it's in the Tom Selleck thread, and the Hillerman and Manetti interviews I posted are in their threads :D

Circa August 1981...

youtu.be/GXOod6fLII8
He strikes me as rather quiet and shy... :magnum:
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#907 Post by nha trang »

I'm with you on the time machine K Hale

I still haven't received anything on my Tom Selleck S.A.S.E. signature quest

Starting to lose hope...a little bit

We had a member karnut who had used the address successfully before but he hasn't been on the forum in some time now. I hope he is ok.

Best Regards

Nha Trang

Work The Lock
Lieutenant

#908 Post by Work The Lock »

A local San Diego TV station did a segment on Tom playing volleyball with Hawaii's Outrigger team at San Diego State in 1983. Fun, rare footage!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wbo9ua_6JY

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#909 Post by No need to know! »

Work The Lock wrote:A local San Diego TV station did a segment on Tom playing volleyball with Hawaii's Outrigger team at San Diego State in 1983. Fun, rare footage!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wbo9ua_6JY
That court must have been slippery with all those drooling women around it. :wink:
Onion´s extra?

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#910 Post by T.Q. »

nha trang wrote:Hi Guys,

I finally got around to sending a SASE of a few items (ok maybe like 5) for Mr. Selleck to sign, and I sent it to the Westlake address.

It was delivered on May 7, 2018 via USPS priority mail. I know Mr. Selleck wrapped up "Blue Bloods" filming a month or two ago and was rumored to be working on the next installment of his Jesse Stone movies.

I also know that it isn't a priority for Mr. Selleck but I'm starting to lose hope for getting my items signed. Anyone have any tips on if my address was no longer good or what the chances are that Tom will get around to it?

nha trang
My wife got me a signed photo 4 or 5 years ago.

She sent it to the NRA in Virginia?

Unfortunately, I think he stepped down from board so I have no idea if they still forward his fan mail.

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#911 Post by T.Q. »

Some killer promo (photoshop) skills for Blue Bloods.

They shaved 25 years off of Tom.

He looks like our Magnum again. :P

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#912 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Just heard Tom narrate the opening of the Orange Bowl!

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#913 Post by KingKC »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Just heard Tom narrate the opening of the Orange Bowl!
The next thing you know he will be reviving the "Beef, its whats for Dinner" commercial. His voice is as distinctive as Robert Miitchum's or Sam Elliott's who did it in the past.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#914 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

nha trang wrote:Hi Guys,
nha trang
Hi nha trang,
Your first mistake is sending multiple items. His "people" don't want the burden of looking after all your stuff and organizing sending it back, besides which more than one item being asked to sign makes them assume you are probably some dealer who is going to turn around and sell the stuff, so why should they make an effort just to make you some bucks? I'm saying that's what they think, not that you as a good fan wouldn't treasure the items.
Either ask for just an autographed photo or better yet supply a photo with a return envelope for Selleck to sign(sending the photo/envelope is the very best way to score a celeb's autograph).
NEVER send a collectible you value for a celeb to sign, for instance if you had obtained The Lad's dinner bowls and wanted Selleck's John Hancock on them, rather you should always assume anything you send is gone forever.
If I were you I would note in the end credits the name of the Blue Bloods production company, then send your request to Selleck, c/o the production company, c/o CBS HQ's in NYC. That will get to his people(CBS mail room people aren't going to break federal law and not pass on US mail!) and very likely him.
The very best way? If a celeb has written a book, write to him or her c/o the publisher. See, you have put money in the celebs pocket by buying the book and stroked his ego by your interest in his story.
My most satisfying score was getting Larry Storch to autograph a pic of himself as F Troop's Corporal Agarn and inscribe it to my buddy Dave in the 82nd, "from one great non com to another". It garnered him many comments over the years and much jealousy.

"What good is riches? A fellow with one watch knows what time it is. A fellow with two watches is never sure."
...Lenny Kent

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#915 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Tom voiced the opening of the Rose Bowl. Is he doing all of the major bowl games?