The Tom Selleck Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Tom Selleck Thread

#1021 Post by T.Q. »

308GUY wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:43 pm Hey T.Q......................Here's another one to try, if you don't get what you want with what you have:

TWS Productions II
1014 S.Westlake Blvd.
Suite14 PMB 23
Westlake Village, CA 91361

This is the address that some pics came from with T.S. "live" signature I requested for my wife.

They are of T.S. as Frank Reagan P.C., but the signature is obviously "live" but without actually seeing him put pen to paper, no way of knowing if he has somebody doing it for him, or if his aids just present a stack of pics for him to sign once a month or something. There was also a "personalized" note supposedly from T.S. but again, taking it for granted that he actually had anything to do with it.

Point is, the address is the last one I have for "direct" contact to his production company, and it's fairly "recent".

Good luck, let us know how you make out and what worked.

8) :geek: :wink:
Hmm, okay. Thanks a lot.

I have 3 possible addresses now.

http://www.fanmail.biz/1718.html

My ruined one looks authentic. Personalized with my name and signature and looks legit.

The NRA address worked perfectly. Too bad it's gone. :x
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

80s Big Hair
Admiral

#1022 Post by 80s Big Hair »

Tom Selleck batting for the Tigers in 1991.

youtu.be/qcjyv5Lo5KU

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#1023 Post by T.Q. »

80s Big Hair wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:52 pm Tom Selleck batting for the Tigers in 1991.

youtu.be/qcjyv5Lo5KU
Cool video. Thanks.

Was this a legit run at the Big Leagues? He was like 46 years old. That's some self confidence. :magnum:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

waverly2211
Captain

#1024 Post by waverly2211 »

T.Q. wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:51 pm
80s Big Hair wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:52 pm Tom Selleck batting for the Tigers in 1991.

youtu.be/qcjyv5Lo5KU
Cool video. Thanks.

Was this a legit run at the Big Leagues? He was like 46 years old. That's some self confidence. :magnum:
He was prepping for the upcoming movie Mr. Baseball by going to Tigers spring training in 1991. Depending on what story you believe, Selleck asking to hit, or then Tigers manager Sparky Anderson surprising Selleck by calling his name to pinch hit, in any case the bottom line is he got an at bat in a spring training game. Unfortunately for Selleck he had hurt his hamstring the previous day and wasn't at 100% when he strode to the plate.

I believe the Sparky story as Selleck was hobbled by that hamstring and wouldn't have asked to be inserted while not 100%. And up to that point Selleck had been on the receiving end of a couple of practical jokes, including one involving a jock strap and heat balm, and Sparky wanted to send a message to the club that Selleck had earned his place.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#1025 Post by Chris109 »

Do you all think TS will be acting as long as William "The Shat" Shatner (91) or James Hong (93)? I've heard that TS has a serious case of arthritis and he can hardly walk without pain. I've seen those commercials for reverse mortgages and he really struggles to make it to the bench to sit. James Coburn had a severe case which deformed some joints but some drug helped relieve the pain.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#1026 Post by Chris109 »

Steven Crowder does a 'cultural appropriation' show once a week where the crew dresses up as a appropriator. Yesterday is was 'Pacific Islanders". Two of them dressed up as Magnum. The guy on the right said he purposely pulled up his shorts cause that's what TS did to enhance his manhood.

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#1027 Post by terryfromkerry »

I suspect the guy on the right did that to enhance his own manhood. :roll:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#1028 Post by Chris109 »

terryfromkerry wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:04 pm I suspect the guy on the right did that to enhance his own manhood. :roll:
Sometimes you need to do what you need to do to have the need to do it.

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#1029 Post by litefoot »

Tom talks about his upcoming memoir. He's going to call it 'Don't Know Where I'm Going, But There's No Use Being Late'.

youtu.be/CqX10n6RI28

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#1030 Post by Pahonu »

litefoot wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:29 pm Tom talks about his upcoming memoir. He's going to call it 'Don't Know Where I'm Going, But There's No Use Being Late'.

youtu.be/CqX10n6RI28
Great self-effacing sense of humor by Selleck and clever title. Thanks! Reminds me of James Garner, with whom Selleck worked and admired as a mentor.

Surf Ski
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1031 Post by Surf Ski »

litefoot wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:29 pm Tom talks about his upcoming memoir. He's going to call it 'Don't Know Where I'm Going, But There's No Use Being Late'.

youtu.be/CqX10n6RI28

Quigley Down Under quote! :D

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1032 Post by Sam »

Wondering if anyone has seen the new Selleck AAG reverse mortgage commercial?
Sounds like he quit the heaters,voice is much improved, or they've digitally enhanced his voice. :D

Found the commercial.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/bcaH/american-a ... om-selleck

RodMarsh
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1033 Post by RodMarsh »

Caught Tom Selleck's light-hearted interview with Kelly Clarkson on YouTube and just wanted to say how nice it is to see a star fondly remembering his long run in Magnum PI, as opposed to so many who want to forget a long-running series they have been in and merely suggest that they have 'moved on'.

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#1034 Post by litefoot »

Anyone know why Tom's memoir keeps getting pushed back? Amazon UK now says the publication date is April 2024 :(

Tobi
Captain

#1035 Post by Tobi »

Old Conan O'Brien recording with Tom, speaking about the short shorts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5_S-TSgEBU