The Tom Selleck Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#661 Post by Steve »

Seaver41 wrote:I know this may be blasphemy....but is that his real hair going back to Magnum days? There are shots that make it look like a rug.......
I would say that is Tom's hair but I have been wondering if he was doing the perm thing back in those days. His father had straight hair as does his brothers when you see pictures of them and his hair sure does look different now.............

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#662 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Steve wrote:
Seaver41 wrote:I know this may be blasphemy....but is that his real hair going back to Magnum days? There are shots that make it look like a rug.......
I would say that is Tom's hair but I have been wondering if he was doing the perm thing back in those days. His father had straight hair as does his brothers when you see pictures of them and his hair sure does look different now.............
Ted Danson had us all fooled for years. I'm sure Tom could have also. Not that I care.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#663 Post by Seaver41 »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Steve wrote:
Ted Danson had us all fooled for years. I'm sure Tom could have also. Not that I care.
Ted ha been known as one of the wig club for decades.......in his pre-Cheers days he did a movie for tv...The Onion Field where his balding was obvious........and then on Cheers some of those early wigs looked bad....but got better. He has had one of the better rugs for a while.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#664 Post by Agatha »

Tom's hair was alway curly on Magnum...so I thought they just cut it shorter for High Road. Guess I'm too busy paying attention to the REST of him to care much about his hair!!

:lol:
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

wdm
Vice Admiral

#665 Post by wdm »

The other day I received the American Rifleman magazine and they had an article on the Colt Fitz Special. TS carries a Fitz Special on Blue Bloods, so I wrote them an email yesterday. Here is the response I just got back;

Thank you for taking the time to read the article and to respond to it. Mr. Selleck does indeed use and carry his own Fitz special on the tv show.
Many of his guns from his television and movies are currently on display at the National Firearms Museum at NRA HQ in Fairfax, VA.

It is cool to think he uses his own guns.

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#666 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Well, there are his colt
http://www.nramuseum.com/the-museum/the ... -colt.aspx
... mind the different backgrounds, right to the tiger camo :) ...
and his Walther PPK
http://www.nramuseum.com/the-museum/the ... r-ppk.aspx
- with a surprising extra regarding this little gun:
"This particular PPK was used by actor Timothy Dalton in his portrayal as Bond. This piece shares additional provenance as a back-up piece for Tom Selleck's title role in the television series Magnum, P.I."
Also interesting - the other stuff they have, including an original light saber and a star wars laser gun that is actually a submachine gun equipped with, amongst other things, windshield wipers :shock:

wdm
Vice Admiral

#667 Post by wdm »

Looks like TS will be doing quite a few interviews before next Sundays Jesse Stone.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#668 Post by Seaver41 »

tell you what.......between his roles on Blue Bloods and Jesse Stone....the real Tom Selleck gets buried. It was nice to see and hear his silly laugh last night on Conan. I hope he does more things that are a bit lighter than his current characters.

wdm
Vice Admiral

#669 Post by wdm »

From what I read today, TS wants to make Frank Reagan a bit lighter next season. I still look at scene from the Thanksgiving show and see so much of Magnum. Either way, Blue Bloods is my favorite show.

wdm
Vice Admiral

#670 Post by wdm »

Did anyone see TS at the NYSE opening today? Youtube has a video of him walking around and we get a "Hi guys" from him. Looks like he enjoyed it.

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#671 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Unfortunately, no ... have you got a link?

wdm
Vice Admiral

#672 Post by wdm »

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#673 Post by AmandaByNight »

OK, that was awesome! Thanks for posting!

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#674 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Brilliant! Thank you!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#675 Post by ConchRepublican »

This was great, thanks for sharing! Loved the "hi guys"!!!

I got a call from a client this morning, her husband works on the Stock Exchange. He met Sean Connery, who was there this morning and he, I kid you not, "Oh by the wayed" that Selleck was there yesterday. She freaked and and to let me know.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04